New to goats

scoresjewel

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Before labor I do a couple more things as well. you're probably too close to do the cd&t shot and multimin shot that I give four to six weeks out. But you can still trim her tell her all that hair off like a show if you live somewhere warm on both the Tail and the udder. If you don't live somewhere warm cut it off till it's about a half or quarter of an inch and do the backside of the udder with Vaseline. This will help with everything that's going to come out at the birth and all that stuff she's going to discharge for about a week and a half or better after. It is a nasty mess to get out when it cakes and dries on if you don't.

I would also have someone try to show you where that ligament is in there butt. If you can feel that, it usually disappears it gets thinner and thinner as they get close and disappears within 12 to 24 hours of kidding.

Also if you have or know someone who has a baby monitor they're great to set up saves you a lot of trips out to check. I love my hello baby

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score

scoresjewel

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Before labor I do a couple more things as well. you're probably too close to do the cd&t shot and multimin shot that I give four to six weeks out. But you can still trim her tail. Get all that hair off like a show if you live somewhere warm on both the Tail and the udder. If you don't live somewhere warm cut it off till it's about a half or quarter of an inch and do the backside of the udder with Vaseline. This will help with everything that's going to come out at the birth and all that stuff she's going to discharge for about a week and a half or better after. It is a nasty mess to get out when it cakes and dries on if you don't.

I would also have someone try to show you where that ligament is in their butt. If you can feel that, it usually disappears it gets thinner and thinner as they get close and disappears within 12 to 24 hours of kidding.

Also if you have or know someone who has a baby monitor they're great to set up saves you a lot of trips out to check. I love my hello baby

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
One more suggestion. If you are a visual learner look up some of questions on YouTube for answers and visual assistance. That has helped me a lot these last few months. I’m new to goats as well. I jumped in blindly and bought 9 brand new bucklings. I didn’t have a clue about what I was doing. The people in here are really quite helpful. We just lost one of our most loved BYH members about a week ago. Some members are helping his children get things squared away. Then there are many like myself who are watching a handful of threads related to him, his beloved dog, his children, and his tribute thread. I strongly suggest you read his journal. His name was Latestarter. His journal is super long, hundreds of pages long. Don’t let that steer you away from it. It is quite humorous, informative, inspiring, has many quirky tangents. But it’s a really easy but long read. He was quite elegant and entertaining with his use of words. The thread is
Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles. I really hope you check it out.