New to goats

Julesstar

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi. I’m joining you from north central Ohio. I saw this site while I was researching goats and thought it looked just like the BackyardChickens one! I love using that one and I’ll bet I’ll love this one, too. We live on ten acres that came all set up for alpacas. We’ve had chickens for one year and didn’t want alpacas. I’m a city girl, so we are taking it slowly. We bought two Boer doelings a few days ago and will get newborn half African Pygmy, half fainting goats from a friend. Now the adventure begins! A little something to do when hubby retires in a few years. I know. A LOT of something to do. Anyway, hello all!

JimLad

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hi: I'm fairly new to goats myself. Also have two Boer doelings one of which is dwarfed due to being a triplet and four others.
I've decided that they are my favourite breed.
I'll be looking in to see how you're doing.
Enjoy your venture.

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hi. I’m joining you from north central Ohio. I saw this site while I was researching goats and thought it looked just like the BackyardChickens one! I love using that one and I’ll bet I’ll love this one, too. We live on ten acres that came all set up for alpacas. We’ve had chickens for one year and didn’t want alpacas. I’m a city girl, so we are taking it slowly. We bought two Boer doelings a few days ago and will get newborn half African Pygmy, half fainting goats from a friend. Now the adventure begins! A little something to do when hubby retires in a few years. I know. A LOT of something to do. Anyway, hello all!
Hello and welcome to the forums! I know that you will enjoy raising goats. they are very very good pets.