New to here and sheep

Jeannie J

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello, I purchased 4 hair sheep last September and despite the amount of research I did, there's always another question I have. We just had one ewe give birth to twins, my kids are so excited! They are certainly cute little buggers. We have 5 acres that badly need saving from the invasive blackberries that prevail western Washington, hence the sheep purchase. So far they have been amazing, our property is getting used, we get to have adorable lambs, some meat for the freezer, and blackberry population reduced. Looking forward to our property being transformed.
Babies.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Texas. We have hair sheep too!

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello, I purchased 4 hair sheep last September and despite the amount of research I did, there's always another question I have. We just had one ewe give birth to twins, my kids are so excited! They are certainly cute little buggers. We have 5 acres that badly need saving from the invasive blackberries that prevail western Washington, hence the sheep purchase. So far they have been amazing, our property is getting used, we get to have adorable lambs, some meat for the freezer, and blackberry population reduced. Looking forward to our property being transformed. View attachment 73832

Very cute lambs! Welcome to BYH! I have Katahdins also and for much the same reason...property transformation, meat and sustainability of food production.

I wish you well in your shepherd life and hope you post often so we can all compare notes on Katahdin farming.