New to Rabbits

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
you can try checking if she if pregnant by putting her back in with the buck around day 14 - just be on hand to remove her if she tries to beat up the buck. If she is pregnant she won't want the buck near her and will wont let him breed her.

Keep us posted.

HollandHops

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
It's been about 2 weeks the lady said and I got them today. I put her with the buck and he gave her no chance and did the job....and she stood still then tried to hop away.. Whatdya say? Should I assume she is not pregnant and breed her again in a couple days to insure pregnancy then check her on day 14?

HollandHops

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Here is a pic of her:

Attachments

• IMG_4766.jpg
    IMG_4766.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 176

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
if you bred her this morning, you can rebreed this evening or even tomorrow morning. We watch to make sure the buck falls off 3 consecutive times while the doe is in the cage with him.

HollandHops

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Ohhh he has to fall off.... guess she's going back in. He never finished lol

HollandHops

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Wait...what does she do to beat him up? Cause he did his thing and then they started chasing each other then the doe started..welll... breeding the buck!

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wait...what does she do to beat him up? Cause he did his thing and then they started chasing each other then the doe started..welll... breeding the buck!

she could potential start biting him/drawing blood. They will chase each other and can do so for a while-usually it's him chasing her. We've had a doe start breeding the buck- it could be showing dominance, we think it might have had to do with the fact he was sort if clueless on what he should be doing-

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a doe that did that too - I would just prevent her from dominating the buck and then she bred well enough :) I think some does like the buck to prove themselves to be man enough first ;)

HollandHops

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Okay. How did you prevent her from doing that? They would just go around in circles lol.,
He was also trying to breed her head?!

HensandRoos-Haha, I think Vern is pretty persistent.

If she is pregnant she is due around/on V-DAY!

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just pushed her off, then pinned her shoulders with my hand while the buck figured out what was going on:rolleyes: Trying to breed the wrong end is pretty normal - even experienced bucks will do that!

Latest posts