New to the block

Hideaway Pines

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am a busy lady tending to my three gardens, caring for our meat rabbits and chickens. I also am a graphics designer so work from home part time. We live in the woods on 30 acres. We have carved out our place by hand over the past 6 years and love country life, this land was never lived on before, so we have had to do it all from digging a well to building our home/barn and coop. I am also a master gardener who loves learning about new things. We hope to jump into pigs in the near future and maybe even goats too. We live in the deep woods of East Texas, and we are surrounded by all kinds of wild creatures, from cougars to hogs and everything in-between. We have three dogs but they are not outside unless we are, since the woods are full of critters who would love to eat them.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
:welcome There are several members on here from Texas....yes I realize it is a big state.... but some might be nearer to you than not. I am in Va. If you go into your profile, you can put in there East Texas,m which gives all of us "old geezers" a reminder of where you are when we might be crafting an answer to you.
Hope you enjoy our company.

Hideaway Pines

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes, we are in love with it as well. We have lived out here since 2014, would never go back to city life. We chose this land for its trees - we are mostly pine with some hardwoods as well as other trees, but we just simply love living in the woods. And in the Texas heat, we find our place is a lot cooler in the summer than others around us who do not have all the trees, it is a blessing for sure.

Hideaway Pines

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We drove through Canton a few weeks back on our way to a wedding in AR. We had not been up that way in years, it has really grown. Not surprising though, that area and Tyler has always been one of our favorites. Tyler is one of those gems that you hope the world does not become aware of - like Waco... or the quite town will be over run with people moving in.