new to the group....and have a question

farmerlisa

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello everyone :) I have a goat question. I have three lamancha does (one mama and her kids) My cousin uses them in her pumpkin patch every year and this time when they came home one of the kids seemed tucked under. She is eating hay and drinking water and isn't bleeting like she is in pain. My cousin did say that she would not eat grian while she was there. I tired once she was home and sure enough she wont. Any suggestions as to what it could be? Thanks!

Chaty

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Sounds like she might have a tummy ache and even when we do the last thing you want to do is eat. What is her temp? Me personally would give her some Fort Vit B complex to stimulate her appetite and also some Banamine for her tummy.

currycomb

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
we bought a little doe this fall and she would not eat grain either. just nibbled the hay. was very small for he age, and a bit thin. gave her a dose of albon (used to treat coccidiosis) and now i have a ravenous little girl that pushes her way in to be sure she gets her fair share. there was no loose stools or any other sign, but it couldn't hurt anything.

farmerlisa

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I will go into town and get some vit B...all I have is vit A D. Is the albon an injectable? How much would I give her? Her stools are good and the color of her gums are good and all her teeth look good. I have not taken her temp, I have to pick up a new one today. Thanks for the help!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
farmerlisa said:
I will go into town and get some vit B...all I have is vit A D. Is the albon an injectable? How much would I give her? Her stools are good and the color of her gums are good and all her teeth look good. I have not taken her temp, I have to pick up a new one today. Thanks for the help!
Here's some information on coccidia - http://www.backyardherds.com/web/viewblog.php?id=2607-coccidia-goat You have several options to choose from. I use Albon too (it's a thick liquid given orally) Comes in tablets too.

Latest posts