New to the Group Hello from Merriam KS/Turney MO

Dani4Hedgies

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Dani Marshall and currently I live in Merriam, KS (have been on BYC for years under the same handle/name and someone suggested I come check out your site) but we are starting the "slow" process of building a homestead with our friends Heather and Eric. They have 270 acres in Turney, are currently living in their grandmother's house and we are planning out how we want to build our "small" house 576 sq ft metal shed turned into a house out there as well. Currently Heather and I run three business "Wildflower Farms" which is a chicken breeding (pets) eggs & chicken/duck/turkey meat birds business as we add to our combined Homestead we will have pigs, goats, cows, rabbits ect as well to offer. Our 2nd business is "2 Chicks & 1 Hen" an all inclusive business for chicken care in the city and "Spoil Me" a Bath and Body business for diabetes/hormones issues/allergies that need pure bath/body supplies that don't contain sugars, that can be customize to avoid allergies or hormone triggers to bring back the pleasure of a spa time without the high price and troubles. I have a wonderful hubby who while not a "huge" animal lover loves me and therefore loves the animals that bring joy to me. We have a wonderful 17 yr kiddo who is into computers rather then animals but still loves to get out and "just sit in the sun with our flocks". I'm a chatter so feel free to Pm to chat whenever you would like.

Last edited:

Duck lover88

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Howdy! and welcome :welcome, that sounds like such a awesome journey your on!! can't wait to here more from y'all!!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to YOUR new site; BYH :) Really nice to have you along with us. Please browse around and make yourself at home! Do consider putting your location in your profile as if/when you ask for help/advice, location often has a huge bearing on answers... You know, climate and such. Old folks like me :old will never remember this thread and title... Maybe you should consider starting a journal so folks who choose can follow along with you on your journey? If you'd like, https://www.backyardherds.com/forums/members-backyardherds-journals.18/

Dani4Hedgies

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Lol would love to add my location but for some reason I can't find the spot to do so. And yep actually I'm heading to the journal threads in a moment to try my hand at keeping a journal of our journey from City folks to homesteading folks ;)
Greetings and welcome to YOUR new site; BYH :) Really nice to have you along with us. Please browse around and make yourself at home! Do consider putting your location in your profile as if/when you ask for help/advice, location often has a huge bearing on answers... You know, climate and such. Old folks like me :old will never remember this thread and title... Maybe you should consider starting a journal so folks who choose can follow along with you on your journey? If you'd like, https://www.backyardherds.com/forums/members-backyardherds-journals.18/

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Hey Dani... putting in your location is pretty easy... If you mouse over your screen name up top on the right, a drop down menu will open. Click on Personal Details and about 1/2 way down it asks for your location. You can change anything else there that you wish as well, then scroll to the bottom and save the changes. :) Looking fwd to your journal :thumbsup

Dani4Hedgies

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hey Dani... putting in your location is pretty easy... If you mouse over your screen name up top on the right, a drop down menu will open. Click on Personal Details and about 1/2 way down it asks for your location. You can change anything else there that you wish as well, then scroll to the bottom and save the changes. :) Looking fwd to your journal :thumbsup
Great thanks will do that

Latest posts