New to the group

CRaff

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello I was doing some research and came across this forum. I am excited to be able to communicate with this community. We live in southern New Jersey. We have had goats for 20 years and only as pets. We lost a La mancha to lung cancer last year and shortly after lost our 17 year old Nubian to a stroke. We wound up getting a small herd with 3 nigerians and a friend gave us 2 that are nigerian and alpine mixes. They are awesome and so much fun! Over the years I have learned a lot but am experiencing some new hurdles with their care. Thank you for responding!

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome :frowglad you joined us! Lots of great people here to chat with or answer questions that may come up! Post pictures of your goats when you can :D =D

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings once again. Glad to have you with us. Please make yourself at home.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is amazing! 17 years! We have a very special Nubian that I hope lives that long. That had to be tough with her passing. Obviously she had great care to live that long.
We breed Lamanchas, Miniature Lamanchas, Nigerians. We have a few Nubians (long story) and we were breeding mini Nubians but are selling the herd.
So... all that to say I am so sorry about losing your Lamancha. Love the breed. The little eared wonders really are special.
We do enjoy our Nigerians as well...

Oh heck we love em all.

Welcome to the community. Great people here. And BTW- we LOVE pics, actually thrive off of them, go through withdrawals with out them. ;)