New twins!

Angeliki Manouselis

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
kids1.jpg

So this is my first time having goats kidding, It feels so surreal that they have finally arrived! I am disappointed that I was at work and I missed the birth, I came home to two dry sleeping twins. Today, I had to clean orange poop from the buckling's rear end, seems like his poo isn't dry yet, is this normal? Also, the umbilical cords are short and dried up by the time I got home from work so they're still there, I'm not sure what to do with them today? I'm posting a photo of the poo problem. Other than that, they are nursing, and first time momma is being great from what I can tell. I am definitely nervous because I don't know whats not normal and what's normal... Also it's 86 degrees today in Florida and the little ones are panting in the heat of the day right now. Should I turn on the hose out there and cool off the ground around them or will they be ok?
Another thing i've been worried about is the slight hair loss on my doe's face... I've read she could just need to be dewormed for parasites, but I need to wait until the kids are weaned, right?
Thank you in advance.
kidspoopbutt.jpg

Attachments

• kidspooop.jpg
    kidspooop.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 177

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
The poo is normal, don't worry about the heat they will adjust, umbilical cords soak in iodine, wait a little bit on the deworming...let things settle down....
Take a deep breath and congradulte yourself...your a new goat ma :lol:
Just be sure they (mom) has clean water to drink and the kids can't fall into bucket and drown, feed mom good so she can make lots of milk for the kids and thrive herself...
:highfive: love the wattles

Angeliki Manouselis

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
The poop looks normal.
Sometimes it get's stuck back there and you can just help clean it off with a damp cloth.
I cleaned a lot off before this photo, with a warm damp cloth, its on his tummy too but so dry I will have to try again and soak it a bit longer, but he was hollering and mom was getting anxious, I'm trying not to stress them out.

Angeliki Manouselis

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
The poo is normal, don't worry about the heat they will adjust, umbilical cords soak in iodine, wait a little bit on the deworming...let things settle down....
Take a deep breath and congradulte yourself...your a new goat ma :lol:
Just be sure they (mom) has clean water to drink and the kids can't fall into bucket and drown, feed mom good so she can make lots of milk for the kids and thrive herself...
:highfive: love the wattles
Haha thank you! I definitely need to take a chill pill, I am just a worrier! They have lots of fresh water I just changed it twice today. I'm about to go out there and add electrolytes because florida water sucks. They have free choice TnA and they had grain this morning. plus trimming from some grape vines. I am so happy the poo is normal!

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
my dogs argue over who gets that milk 'candy' like on your boys bottom. they all hunt for it in the hay. absolutely normal. as others have said just give mom and babies a few days to adjust before you going doing lots of stuff to them. go out, sit with them, cuddle the babies and enjoy. congrats on such pretty babies