Newbie Hello!

Beccatrix

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi all!

My husband and I currently have a small homestead with a large garden, fruit bushes, fruit orchard, chickens, ducks, geese, and turkeys. Next year we're adding guineas, with future plans to add quail, pheasants, dairy sheep, and bees. We also have 2 house buns, 2 German Shepherds, and indoor and outdoor cats.

When I'm not managing the flock or produce, I'm running my mental health clinic; we specialize in treating trauma in children.

I've found the dairy sheep crowd in my home state to be incredibly friendly, and look forward to learning more here!

Last edited:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi and Welcome!
I'm new here as well. The folks here are great.
Looks like there are a few of us who are new :) I've got sheep (9 now hopefully more to come), chickens for eggs for us, 6 dogs (Belgians who I work with our sheep), avocado trees (survivors), oranges, lemons, limes, figs, olives and the ever evolving veggie garden 🤣. All in sunny So. Cal.

Beccatrix

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks all! I'll be jealous of those warmer climates in a few months! We're in WI.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
VA welcome to you....I'm coastal, near VA Beach, Norfolk, etc. Navy everywhere 🤫. Warmer here -- can't handle the cold you get.

Vonny

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hi all!

My husband and I currently have a small homestead with a large garden, fruit bushes, fruit orchard, chickens, ducks, geese, and turkeys. Next year we're adding guineas, with future plans to add quail, pheasants, dairy sheep, and bees. We also have 2 house buns, 2 German Shepherds, and indoor and outdoor cats.

When I'm not managing the flock or produce, I'm running my mental health clinic; we specialize in treating trauma in children.

I've found the dairy sheep crowd in my home state to be incredibly friendly, and look forward to learning more here!
Welcome from Australia! I’m just new around here also but already learning lots! We have a small acreage with 3 sheep, 4 goats, 9 ducks, 2 chooks and lots of other assorted animals! Ours are just love machines .. Geoff and I also combine that with work from home as part time university professors teaching into a European university .. our fruit trees are of the tropical ilke .. mangos, paw paw, mulberries etc 😂 .. I’m a crazy orchid grower as my other great passion!