Newborn calf!!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
No castration for bull calves???

And of course, the owner will be responsible when all those bulls fight with each other, injure people, knock down fences, get after cows, escape onto the road and into town!!! Castration of male animals is a health and safety issue for large livestock animals - and the surrounding humans!

Artificial Insemination is how you can bring better genetics into the flock or herd without the cost of importing a full size animal. Without AI many small owners would not be able to obtain superior genetics!

Who are these idiots? Are they related to AOC?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Actually they are of the "Bambi" syndrome, where everything lives to a ripe old age in perfect harmony and politely doesn't get affected by hormones and doesn't breed other animals in the name of population control!!!! ?????

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, I'm not raising large livestock....probably you are hearing this from those forums?...but, I can't even see WHY no AI or castration would be considered -- for safety and controlling reproduction if nothing else.

They should be concerned with fixing bridges, roads and dams...not nuts.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I received notice that a post of mine was deleted for name calling and swearing. It was prior to the post @Baymule made about" how do people get so stupid"?. I do not remember swearing so for that I apologize.... but for calling the people who are proposing these insane regulations, idiots is not calling names, it is showing that people have absolutely NO IDEA of how the real world work. @Ridgetop 's comments in the above post said nothing worse. These people in Oregon that are proposing these regulations are totally off the wall.... yes ..... idiots as even @Ridgetop said.
It is all along the whole idea that it is sexual abuse of the animals.... and I get that human/animal sex is perverted.... but to go to the lengths that these people are going to in both Colorado and Oregon shows that they have absolutely NO INTELLIGENCE. AI is the best thing to happen to cattle breeding as again, @Ridgetop mentioned for improvement of animals that are used for our milk and meat.... BUT OH WAIT, we are not supposed to eat animals or drink milk...... we are supposed to eat stuff that is made in a laboratory that uses more of the earth's resources to manufacture something that is not naturally occurring.... and therefore will not in the long run actually feed our bodies properly.
Castration will still be allowed in cats and dogs.... OKAY how is that not cruel when it is cruel to castrate bull calves? Do they not realize that there will be hundreds and thousands of hormone driven young bulls going around breeding any and every cow that comes in heat? Do they not realize that enraged bulls in the midst of their "hormones" will be fighting, tearing up property, hurting and killing other animals as well as people? That an average cow will never make it to the "natural age" that Colorado has decided is 20 years in cattle, because they will be injuring other animals and there will be total destruction coming in the wake of this.

These people are CLUELESS IDIOTS. They have no sense of reality, they have totally lost touch with any common sense they may have been born with.
We have got to stand up and try to fight against this craziness. Common sense seems to have left their heads in entirety. It is totally nuts to not see that in 10 years of a totally left alone population of cattle, the way things will go. They think that keeping the population in check of dogs and cats is necessary.... how can they not see that the same will hold true in animals? Can anyone here imagine the scenario of all bull calves left intact... running with their herd... so all the early maturing heifers get bred too young, and then the problems with them having trouble with calving, so then there are numbers of animals that suffer, or DIE with a too young body trying to have a too big calf, and the agony that young heifer goes through before finally dying or having to be put down?
Most of you on here have smaller animals.... sheep, goats etc..... DO you NOT take away the young rams and bucks so they cannot breed with their dams at 3-4 months or to breed their young 4-6 month old sisters? THIS IS THE SAME THING..... indiscriminate breeding that will result in total disaster.

Please, everyone, look up the "PAUSE" act that they are trying to pass in Colorado, and research the new Oregon bill that has been proposed. We, as small homesteader types, may be small and quiet and try to fly under the radar... but things like this have got to be stopped before they get a foothold in one state.... or they will get incorporated into all the legislatures....

Not all practices that conventional agriculture follows are what we mostly believe in, in this group. and there are some things that even I am not in favor of.... but I do not want to be forced to eat Bill Gates's artificially made "fake meat" that he says you get used to the taste...... and I do not believe that most of you here want to either... it is the little things like these proposed "bills" into legislation that will all of a sudden take hold and steam roll over top of everything. You say that it is just some way out thing and it will never get put into place.... but believe me it can and it will if we don't stop it now.

If this post gets me censored or banned then so be it. But I am at my wits end to see what is happening with people that have not one whit of common sense in their heads to realize that the animal communities are not stupid uncaring people that are exploiting the animals that they care for and raise to have a better life than they would out "in the wild".....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Haven't seen or heard from you... maybe you are mad at me for that "rant" post???? Was wondering how you made out with the yearling that went back on the cow??? And how is the bull calf doing? Did you get the bull back to breed your cow back to calve next year?
Wondering also how things are going for you with the continued craziness and anti-cop attitudes....

Hope you are doing okay.

Latest posts