Newborn Kid Did Not Receive Colostrium

reneerising

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Is there away to get ahold of colostrum if so i know its abit late but it might still help some. Makr sure before you feed him his body temp is up so he can digest the food correctly. I would give probiotics, and selenium.
I dont know who would have colostrum. May be other goat farmers that may sell milk. I will reach out. I was trying to get hold of the C&D Antitoxin. Are you familiar with it....if no colostrum anywhere?

I posted pics and an update a few moments ago. Take a look.

Thanks much.

reneerising

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I dont know who would have colostrum. May be other goat farmers that may sell milk. I will reach out. I was trying to get hold of the C&D Antitoxin. Are you familiar with it....if no colostrum anywhere?

I posted pics and an update a few moments ago. Take a look.

Thanks much.
I just saw an ad:
Goat Milk Colostrum Supplies the Body with Immune Factors and Is Easily Tolerated by Most. Our 24 hour Colostrum Comes from Our Small, Family Farm in Washington State. Highlights: A Small & Family-Run Farm, Serving Since 1928.

Some farms sell it via internet. I will see who has some nearby in Maryland or Virginia near Wash DC.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm in VA .... What area are you. Here, near Va Beach. About 3 hrs fm DC.

Colostrum is BEST absorbed in first 24 hrs of life. But, won't hurt. The taste is different, milk is thicker. I have some frozen milk 36 hrs post kidding...still heavy stuff, still some colostrum in it. Have 2 pints, these were vaccinated does. It's yours if you want it.

My current 6 does in milk are nursing kids, so past colostrum stages. But I have a few does due to kid before long, so can freeze more then for any later needs. Time to resupply my stash anyway.