Newborn Kid problems

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Seems like you are doing a good job with her!

Is she starting to suckle on her own? Does she fight you when you put the syringe in her mouth?

Please keep us updated! I have never seen this before and I am curious as to how this will turn out. I have seen quite a bit in the goat world, but this is new to me.

Cberggren

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Seems like you are doing a good job with her!

Is she starting to suckle on her own? Does she fight you when you put the syringe in her mouth?

Please keep us updated! I have never seen this before and I am curious as to how this will turn out. I have seen quite a bit in the goat world, but this is new to me.
Okay so she's been having her ups and downs.. She is slowly getting stronger but not strong enough to walk, she can just barely hold her head up. She can't open her eyes much or for very long at a time one appears cloudy.. While we feed her we keep her back legs stretched out and try to stimulate her as much as possible.

However just today she started bleating and curling her lip so we have her the bottle and she suckled once or twice!! That's progress but She's a work in progress for sure haha..

I will stick to the current feeding and PT schedule for her and keep you updated! Things are looking better!!

P.S. There is a little resistance when we feed her but she gives in after she realizes it's food we are giving her

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think your suspicion is right.
Sounds like brain damage from lack of oxygen.

It is a week now and although slight progress I would consider putting her down.

Very sorry for the complications from the birthing. Always so sad when these things happen.

Reactions: TAH

Cberggren

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Alright so I've got some bad news, the kid had to be put down. She just wasn't improving and started losing weight and not even standing again. These things happen.

Thanks though everyone for trying to help me figure this out!

GLENMAR

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:hugs Sorry. Yep breeding animals does not always do as planned.