Newly Rescued Miniature Horse Very Ill

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good to hear some positive news - sounds like you're doing a great job with him, hope he continues to improve! :)

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've used SMZ for cocci in goat in past & was going to suggest that for the mini as I know it's a drug they can have.

Great that he's doing well!!!

UlcerGard is great, just don't stop too soon. We're talking 30 days full dose & 30 1/2 dose, normally. Your vet will advise but, that's what I've seen in past. Remember the pkg will dose for full-size horse but, by weight you use less for mini.

Amazing how FAST that helps them!!

Apaulsen2890

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yay! So glad to hear he's doing better and on the road to recovery!
Do you have a picture of the little fighter?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are a wonderful person for :) taking this little guy in and working so hard to bring him back to health. :clap I am sure he has figured out that he has fallen into the home of a lifetime. :woot

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I'm the agreeable sort, so yes, I agree we need pics! ;) Can we get a status report also? How's he doing now? Is he still showing continued signs of recovery?

llamamama

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Unfortunately our little fighter did not make it through the night last night. He had been making huge progress but this morning he was laying in his stall and he was gone.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry. Minis can be so tough, but when they go downhill, they can go down awfully fast. :hugs