1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Nice to see some Back Yard Chickens members here. Let's feature one this week. - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Newtons new adventure

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by newton the goat, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Jan 29, 2019
    newton the goat

newton the goat True BYH Addict

Hello folks! As per suggestion by our always amazing @Baymule i decided to start a post on a little adventure im hoping to take next year once i save up a bit. Bay gave me the wonderful idea of traveling around to different BYH members and learning how they run their farms and care for their animals and maybe even staying a couples days to give a hand. I know many of us are from all around the world and are a lot more spread out that i thought just by reading your journals. Im really hoping this works as it would be really fun for myself and hopefully everyone else! This post will mainly be a discussion board but will also be where the sign up list will be later on.
    Hope you all are having a wonderful day!

2. Jan 29, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Newton, you are welcome to visit us here in florida, you have your own room and bath.....put us on your list please :love Barbara & Leon

3. Jan 29, 2019
    luvmypets

luvmypets Herd Master

Ditto! You would love our curly pigs! We are near NY.

Latestarter and newton the goat like this.
  4. Jan 29, 2019
    canesisters

canesisters Loving the herd life

What a great idea

newton the goat likes this.
  5. Jan 29, 2019
    newton the goat

Of course youll be on the list! Id be shocked if yoh werent :D =D
    @luvmypets i would looovvveee to see your curly pigs!

6. Jan 29, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Newton was a bit down in the dumps, I suggested that she look into WWOOF in both the USA and International.

https://wwoofinternational.org/

It is an organization where volunteers go work on farms in return for room and board. Then because I am such a thread hacker, I morphed it into going around the country visiting BYH members, helping out on their farms, getting to know people and making it the trip of a lifetime. She is a farm girl and could help out with whatever projects people might have going and could use an extra hand. Maybe she might even go to Wales to see @Sheepshape. She will get to know a wide variety of people from all walks of life. People retired from all sorts of jobs and careers, people still working, who might be able to give her insights that she might not otherwise be exposed to. Maybe by the end of her trip she will have a better idea of what path in life she wants to blaze for herself. Newton needs to do something fun, before she gets in the make a career mode.

So do you have a starting date yet? Depending on when you get going, Texas is nice in the spring and fall. Not too hot and cold is not anywhere around. So put us down for a couple of weeks on your journey. When everyone has chimed in, ask to PM their address to you so you can map out your way to maximize your gas money.

So, Newton needs host families so she can plan out her journey. Who wants to host Newton from overnight to a week or two?

This is going to be fun.

7. Jan 29, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Yepper, when she is ready we will send our address and contact info to her and she can give it to her dad....stay as long as ya want Newton...

Latestarter likes this.
  8. Jan 29, 2019
    newton the goat

This is going to be sooo amazing!!! But im guessing i should get my car fully checked out and fixed up before this road trip :lol: and hopefully i dont meet anymore f4 tornados on my journey :fl as it is not an experience id recomend :confused:

B&B Happy goats and Baymule like this.
  9. Jan 29, 2019
    Sheepshape

Sheepshape Herd Master

If you get to 'cross the pond' we'll be glad to have you here.

newton the goat likes this.
  10. Jan 30, 2019
    newton the goat

I will somehow find a way across said pond :D =D