newton's the goats journal

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I meant to post this yesterday, to be honest it was an interesting event. I never thought I would learn to ski.... without ski's..... in an auction barn... with two firm handfuls of a sheep's wooly behind :gig. A bit of a back story,I somehow got roped into helping this tiny old Portuguese man load this 250-300 lbs ram into the back of his truck. He called me over asked me to stop it from running when he opened the gate and to help him load the damn thing.... as soon as that gate was opened my 180 behind was in the air flying like a flag behind a rampaging sheep making a b-line towards the highway. Somehow in the milliseconds between screaming and hanging on for dear life I managed to pull my legs between his two front ones and turn him into an awaiting group of men who had gathered at the sound of a screaming girl and a screaming sheep :hide They managed to grab him and untangle my fingers from his butt and load him safely with less of an issue than I had :confused:. I can now officially say..... I. .. don't. ... like.... skiing.... :gig

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Haha! Your talking about my other aunt, my dad's sister! The one I'm talking about now is my grandma's sister :gig
Ah, your great aunt. From now on you will have to be specific so I know which one is causing you grief that particular day ;)

So who got the video of you helping to load the ram? :D
In case you were wondering, skiing usually entails self generated motivation (cross country) or gravity (downhill). You have a lot more control in those situations and MIGHT find it a bit more fun than "skiing" a ram. :)

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ah, your great aunt. From now on you will have to be specific so I know which one is causing you grief that particular day ;)

So who got the video of you helping to load the ram? :D
In case you were wondering, skiing usually entails self generated motivation (cross country) or gravity (downhill). You have a lot more control in those situations and MIGHT find it a bit more fun than "skiing" a ram. :)
I'll try to be more specific when speaking of both of my aunts. Lol I understand how my frustration with the both can be confusing for all :lol:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Down here, Bruce ya have to have water and a boat....:)
That would be true! Unless you have a hill with plastic snow. I bet it doesn't ski like the real stuff, or even the man made stuff. Do you take the GS's skiing behind your row boat? :lol:

I have water skied a few times. I suspect poor @newton the goat could feel that isn't much different than being dragged by the ram, at least until she learned how to get up and balanced! Like most anything, looks easier when you watch people who are good at it than it actually is.