newton's the goats journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think she said argenta illinois. Honestly i have no clue where that is :lol: and if we are able to start a pass the sheep chain you guys would be the best people ever!!
Google is your friend there! It is about 70 miles west of the Indiana border, pretty much west of Indianapolis.

But honestly before we are abke to start that, the lil thing needs to be born first and she has to be willing to sell :lol:
Don't want to count your sheep before they are "hatched"? ;)

@CntryBoy777 started his reply with great info that applies to ANY job. I'm not surprised :) If you show work ethic you are 95% of the way there. I don't know for sure but the guy you would be working for may have seen some people who really had no idea what they were getting into and got grossed out by handling meat that didn't come out of a wrapped package. Or they didn't want to do the "dirty work". If you haven't already told him what you told us about what you want to do and why you want the job, do so. You have very good reasons, lots better than "I need a job". If you have the faith in yourself that WE do, you'll do fine. Lots of people your age want to skate by, you aren't one of them and that makes you a valuable employee.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Did you check out any of the breeders I found in your area?

It's awesome that you will have a baby brother. How exciting!

Hope you get the job, you would learn a lot.
c
Yup i made sure to! Than I'm you so much for the links i checked them out!
Listen, pay attention to instructions, be observant, and stay busy.....if ya don't understand what is being told to ya, then ask clarifying questions. Any job out there always has their own terminology, lingo, and slang....the faster ya learn it the easier it becomes. If there is slack time, then look for a broom or pick-up an area to tidy it up....looking busy means you are willing to work....sitting around talking or doing nothing means ya expect to be paid for minimum work. If ya are on clean-up, then pay attention to detail. The place I worked at was USDA inspected everyday and if 1 tiny shred of fat or sinew was found in a saw, then the whole room had to be recleaned and reinspected before they could start doing any work in that room. Always clean from Top to Bottom....all the tallest equipment 1st, then cutting boards and tables, then floor...otherwise ya will be double or triple working yourself. If ya are using a water hose, when the water hits anything lower it will splash tiny tidbits of meat, fat, or tissue wherever it lands. Notice the teeth on the saw and spray or wipe them in the direction the teeth are pointing, the tidbits come out much easier. There will be plenty of blood too, so be prepared for that, but if working in refridgeration the smell will not be bad, because the temps will keep the smells down....the kill floor is a bit different story.....:)
Ill deffinitly take this advice to heart!
[QUOTE="Bruce, post: 530758, member: 14330

@CntryBoy777 started his reply with great info that applies to ANY job. I'm not surprised :) If you show work ethic you are 95% of the way there. I don't know for sure but the guy you would be working for may have seen some people who really had no idea what they were getting into and got grossed out by handling meat that didn't come out of a wrapped package. Or they didn't want to do the "dirty work". If you haven't already told him what you told us about what you want to do and why you want the job, do so. You have very good reasons, lots better than "I need a job". If you have the faith in yourself that WE do, you'll do fine. Lots of people your age want to skate by, you aren't one of them and that makes you a valuable employee.[/QUOTE]
im glad you think so highly of me lol. It really means a lot, ill try and live up to your expectations!

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
One last interview and the coop position is mine! He says he will be able to tell within the first hour whether or not i will work well in his butcher shop. It should be interesting cinsidering i will be pulling all day shifts. I have already made sure to already alert my work place that during february and march i wont be able to work my usual hours or really any at all.

Question is.... how the hell am i sopposed to "adult" now with barely a source of income :confused::gig sometimes i wonder how i get myself into these situations:hu

Sheep are showing signs of impending lambs! Which is great in my books!

:love Think pink !!!!!:love

Anyways i think someone may have been thinking blue lol because as of the 30th i have a baby brother. He is adorable and so tiny :love

Seems to be just one of those years :D =D everything is starting brand new ;)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I actually wouldn't literally say this to that man,....but, under my breath I'd be telling him....You just don't Know just Who ya are messin with....Do ya?.....:)
Congrats on the brother!!....hope all goes Well for ya!!:thumbsup

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Watch out when the gets over that. It will be:
"Newton" take the baby.
"Newton" change the baby (especially if he's really stinky!).
"Newton" give the baby his bath.
"Newton" wash the baby's clothes.
And later on:
"Newton" drive your brother to ... .
;)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Aww... a new baby brother. I hope your stepmother at least lets YOU hold him!

I take it you have graduated from school? And now you are an adult and have to go to work? You will get the co-op job, I am sure of it!

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Watch out when the gets over that. It will be:
"Newton" take the baby.
"Newton" change the baby (especially if he's really stinky!).
"Newton" give the baby his bath.
"Newton" wash the baby's clothes.
And later on:
"Newton" drive your brother to ... .
;)
I wish...
Its more like
"Newton dont touch the baby"
"Why is newton holding the baby? Give him to me!"
"No you cant hold the baby now, go away"
Since he was born on the 30th ive only gotten to hold him 5 times. @Baymule she doesnt really want me even anywhere in the vaccinity of him.its kinda frustrating.

Latest posts