newton's the goats journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
See? Your road map is growing right along! If I was in your place, I would so do this! This could be your turning point. How can a young person be expected to plan out their career for the rest of their life when life experiences (job wise) are rather limited? This will be a fantastic opportunity for you to get out in the world, meet different people and grow intellectually. Not to mention that you will have a great time. Just freakin' awesome.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
See? Your road map is growing right along! If I was in your place, I would so do this! This could be your turning point. How can a young person be expected to plan out their career for the rest of their life when life experiences (job wise) are rather limited? This will be a fantastic opportunity for you to get out in the world, meet different people and grow intellectually. Not to mention that you will have a great time. Just freakin' awesome.
Trust me im am going through with this. I really want to do this and my dad is even encouraging me as long as he has phone numbers and adresses available just in case. I am so excited about this whole idea and cant wait!! Im glad that i have this opportunity.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The new little babys
Screenshot_20190202-075112_Messages.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am thrilled that your Dad is on board with this. Everyone will send you their phone # and addresses, so he will have the list. All you will have to do is call and check in with him when you switch locations and give him periodic updates. Plus you will have the added security of having someone to call if you have any car issues between farms. You can call ahead or to the one you just left for help. That will make your Dad feel better about this also. I initially thought you should join WWOOF, but why do that when you have people right here on BYH that you already know and are excited at being a host family for you! I am so happy that you are doing this.

Make a list of what you need to do for your trip. Maybe we can help you think of things for it.
#1. Tires, you need good/new tires and a good spare
2. Oil change and check all fluids before you leave
3. Pack clothes for all seasons, you are gonna be gone for awhile
4. Cell phone-will yours work in the US or do you need a new one for travels?

Congrats on the new lambs, pretty babies!

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m so excited for you! I wish I could’ve done something like this!!!

I’ve had a few more thoughts for you...if you really want to explore we have a member in Australia. I believe the name is The Old Ram but my attempts to tag are unsuccessful.

You’ll need an emergency fund- small amount of cash on you and access to a credit card in case something big arises.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
4. Cell phone-will yours work in the US or do you need a new one for travels?
DD1 has a phone with Telus since they have a plan that will work both in Canada and the USA. Couldn't find a US company that did the same. Well kinda did but if the phone wasn't in the USA for after a period of time, the entire contract will be cancelled. The period was short enough that it would happen while she was at school in New Brunswick.

I am thrilled that your Dad is on board with this. Everyone will send you their phone # and addresses, so he will have the list.
And he will sell the list to telemarketers to help Newton fund her travels ;)
But seriously Newton, if you decide to do this I am on board. Your biggest problem is no one will want to let you head to your next destination!

And finally since BYH is allowing me to post brief photos here is sarge before i returned him to his mom once he was revived!!
Bathtub kid!