newton's the goats journal

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are always welcome at my place. Truth be told I could use the help, things have been hectic. Piglets escaping left and right, tearing up the pasture getting in the barn. I have so many animals to care for and Im basically on my own as my brother doesn’t help with **** anymore.

I love my animals but its a lot of work so getting help now and then would awesome.

Im in central NJ in case you were wondering,

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You are always welcome at my place. Truth be told I could use the help, things have been hectic. Piglets escaping left and right, tearing up the pasture getting in the barn. I have so many animals to care for and Im basically on my own as my brother doesn’t help with **** anymore.

I love my animals but its a lot of work so getting help now and then would awesome.

Im in central NJ in case you were wondering,
Your only an 8 hour drive from me wooo possibly a good starting place lol. You and bruce both.. question is how far of a drive are you from each other... i know i want to go see a friend in denver Colorado for a bit so .... 8 hours and 39 minutes from you not counting time to your adress and about 8 hours from bruce... any ways im good with putting up fences id deffinitly love to help you with piglets lol.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I guess we would need a list of all stops in order to set out an itinerary. Starting here would be more interesting than ending here. Not much going on other than dealing with the animals twice a day once it gets into winter. IF @rachels.haven is on the list, she is about 3.5 hours SE of me. IF @RollingAcres is on the list, she about 3.5 hours south of me and 3 hours west of Rachel. IF both are on the tour, I would go to Rachel first, then Rolling since that way you have a shorter trip to @luvmypets who has already offered. And I suspect she is likely the most on need of extra hands now.

To @luvmypets :hugs, I hope you are doing OK.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'd be okay with you at least stopping here for a night or two. I'd need to double check with my other half. He's a bit of a private person, and my 4 and 5 year old kids are loud and insane but it should be okay at least briefly.

Everything I do is kind of at my kids' pace jammed in everywhere at every which time, so I'm not sure if you can do much work over here, but I can offer a room for a night or two and (firm, sorry) bed and a bathroom and usually dinner.

I mean, I could go get more t-posts and cattle panels and we could put up a pen fence for a week 'cause who doesn't love pounding posts through big ole' rocks for a week and all, but I think my family is sick of my single minded pursuit of more fencing this year and the racket it made (I want to keep going though, of course, but family peace is better...I think). I think my kids might kick me out if I did.

And I am extending the aviary run on my chicken coop, but that is lousy work I would not inflict on anyone. Hardware cloth stucks (you know, like a vacuum, but with sharp wires) and cuts my skin, clothes, and rips up my shoes every time I work with it, so I think I'll hog that project all to myself.

Let me know if you want to stop here and I'll check. Should be fine. We're in Groton, Massachusetts. It's pretty here. And you literally can not see the forest for all the trees here.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'd be okay with you at least stopping here for a night or two. I'd need to double check with my other half. He's a bit of a private person, and my 4 and 5 year old kids are loud and insane but it should be okay at least briefly.

Everything I do is kind of at my kids' pace jammed in everywhere at every which time, so I'm not sure if you can do much work over here, but I can offer a room for a night or two and (firm, sorry) bed and a bathroom and usually dinner.

I mean, I could go get more t-posts and cattle panels and we could put up a pen fence for a week 'cause who doesn't love pounding posts through big ole' rocks for a week and all, but I think my family is sick of my single minded pursuit of more fencing this year and the racket it made (I want to keep going though, of course, but family peace is better...I think). I think my kids might kick me out if I did.

And I am extending the aviary run on my chicken coop, but that is lousy work I would not inflict on anyone. Hardware cloth stucks (you know, like a vacuum, but with sharp wires) and cuts my skin, clothes, and rips up my shoes every time I work with it, so I think I'll hog that project all to myself.

Let me know if you want to stop here and I'll check. Should be fine. We're in Groton, Massachusetts. It's pretty here. And you literally can not see the forest for all the trees here.
Id love to stop by and trust me i know fencing like the back of my hand. I can help you get through as much as i can in the time we have lol