NH Homesteader- turkeys!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was about to post how different the weather can be only 90 miles as the crow flies ... Until I checked NOAA. :sick

Potential for 4" of snow tonight through Wed morning. Sleet from 9 PM to 6 PM tomorrow. Wife is going to have a tough commute to and from the PO 35 miles distant. Temp ranging from 29F to 32F. That is going to be some WET HEAVY um, "stuff".

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am at the point that we would have been alot happier to have frozen ground and snow then the constant rain we have had. It has rained steadily and often pretty hard for the last 2-3 days, last night was a steady constant rain. That is not normal here in Va. in the Shen valley area.:idunno:barnie We are having to use the 4WD big tractor to get in and out of the fields to feed round bales, alot of travel over paved roads to get to them all when we normally would have used the truck with the "bale bed" on the back. It is supposed to be out of here by tonight, but it will be days before it is dry enough to get in and out except with the tractor.

I do feel sorry for the folks in Ga and south, they got hit pretty hard with tornadoes and such.

We are due to get sun for a week or more starting tomorrow....please...:fl :fl

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
1 egg again today. It is warm! All of the birds are wound up. Going to crash back down to reality tomorrow, enough that DH is going to be making snow again next week. I have a headache today, likely weather related.

Planned out some garden stuff yesterday. I need to get more stuff for starting plants and figure out how to make some cold frames. I have been saving paper feed bags and newspaper!

Waiting for March, when babies start to be born so I can see about bucklings. May or June I will be getting them, if all goes well.

Pigs are getting big...

Yup kind of playing the waiting for spring game here. I am losing my patience!

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I do get to plant earlier! I always start with such enthusiasm... and then something like bugs, heat, open gates/goats/chickens pops up to throw a wrench into the works. Only good thing is that I always have time to start over if needed, lol.

Living room soccer - hmmmm - sounds like fun to me! Especially if a dog or two will join in instead of cowering behind the furniture!! :lol: