NH Homesteader- turkeys!

Red the butcher

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
"Grab it by the hooves and beat it to death" im hands down the wrong person to ever let me catch someone beating any animal to death. Seems obvious to me that some people on here dont have animals especially with comments like that.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You can stop waiting @NH homesteader, it is officially spring.

And the proof?
DSCN0502.JPG

Ok, this was yesterday so it wasn't QUITE spring. But it looks the same this morning (other than my wife is at work, not out snowshoeing).

The brown house is the neighbor across the road, they have 3 horses and 2 alpacas.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
"Grab it by the hooves and beat it to death" im hands down the wrong person to ever let me catch someone beating any animal to death. Seems obvious to me that some people on here dont have animals especially with comments like that.
Many here make comments that are a bit "Tongue in Cheek", and do not advocate cruelty to animals, but express feelings of past experiences. I have had animals in the past that I would have done that to. So, don't read everything with such a seriousness. If I am defending myself against a mean roo, ya best not step in my way either....:)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think we have more "compression" than melt other than where the snow was cleared.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score

Red, I think you got off to a rough start here with a bad first impression. There hasn't really been any contention on here since I started Christmas before last.
Everyone on here has small farms, hobby farms, or some kind of livestock because they always wanted to, or because they grew up doing it and have come back to it in the best way they know how and are capable to now.

No one making comments recently abt mean animals or animals that charge or attack are cruel toward animals. We vent to each other on here and share our grief and joys, but we don't abuse our animals.

Since you have decided to log in, you must have an interest in livestock too. What is your background? What drew you here, or what animals do you have or want to raise? Sorry you had a bad first impression, so tell us about you.

Thanks Dave

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
We also "get to know" each other, even though most of us never meet in person so we laugh and joke and we know when a person is just kidding. We know how other members feel about their animals; there have been a community tear shed over a loss.

Besides, roosters don't have hooves. :)