Nigerian Dwarf Bucklings

jenparrish24

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I am looking for a Nigerian Dwarf Buckling would like to bottle feed him to get him used to me and my husband. I am needing him to breed my Nigi's this fall who will be bred for the first time this fall.

I am not all about registering,So he DOES NOT need to be registered. When i got my girls who were twins i wasn't told what breed they were until i got to noticing that they werent getting much bigger. I bottle fed them and got them at about 2 weeks old from the same place I got my Apines who were bred to Nubians. So, I just figured that they were alpine nubian crosses like my other 2 does that I bought.

I love these2 girls and would never even think about getting rid of them at all. So I need another buck, since my buck is too big. Hoosier is boer/nubian/alpine cross. the girls are supposed to be Nubian/Nigerian, but I am pretty sure they are not they look like ND's to me. They will be 1 yr when I breed them.

I am not necessarily needing him right now, but would like to have him weaned by May or June from the bottle.

If anyone is in SE Iowa or Illinois that has a baby buckling or will be having a baby buckling in the next couple months please let me know.

here is a link at photo bucket to see pics of my Nigi's : http://s758.photobucket.com/albums/xx230/jenparrish/Dolly and Shotzy/

I also have 2 and a half week old nubian/alpine cross twin girls. The mother is wonderful!!
http://s758.photobucket.com/albums/xx230/jenparrish/New arrivals/

MidnightChickenLover

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I don't truely think you need to bottle feed a buckling to make him used to you, my little ones (my goats are Saanen and Boer) bottle fed or raised by there mom allways seem to have a sweet warm personnality. I do understand why you would want to though, it makes sense. I know some people that have nigerians, I'll see if they have any. :)

Latest posts