Nigerian Dwarf Conformation Critique

Jaime

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The arch could be wider and curvier. Udder height looks pretty good but it could be a little higher too, Teats are nice and wide~ looks like a nice easy udder to hand milk :love

Jaime

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Here's one of my favorite boys, I've yet to breed him to any of my does so i'm very excited to be using him this year. Would love to here your critique and thoughts on him.

(I apologize if this picture isn't the best for judging, i haven't gotten the chance to take proper photos of him yet)
IMG_8874.JPG

(this is him unclipped)
IMG_2578-2 (1).jpg

D and L Meadows

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sorry.. had it typed out and never clicked post. Duh.

I think he's nice lookin' buck. Very dairy with good length. Level top line. Looks like pretty good leg angulation. From what I can tell he’s got a kinda weak front end assembly. But could be the picture. I guess that’s one of the things I’m picky on since we struggle getting a good front end assembly on our bucks. It would be interesting to breed him to a old school stocky doe and see if his dairy genetics pass on. What’s his lines? He sure is a striking buck when he’s not clipped. 😊

Jaime

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thank you~ He's definitely nice to look at 😁 I agree with his front assembly, We're pretty weak in that area so i've been looking for a good buck to help correct that in my herd. Here's his pedigree,
IMG_2832 (1).jpg
I do have a few does with decent upper body confirmation, I'm very excited to breed this little girly with him 😊 (sorry for the poor quality, it was taken with my phone 😅)
IMG-4446.png

Jaime

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ok, here's another one of my boys, thoughts? Just had him clipped yesterday. Took forever to get all that hair off of him :sick His previous owner said she never bothered to clip him, poor boy!

This is him before and after the clip
IMG-4869 (1).jpg
IMG_9154.JPG

IMG_9156.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9148.JPG
    IMG_9148.JPG
    364 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_9156.JPG
    IMG_9156.JPG
    351.8 KB · Views: 218