Nigerian dwarf doe accidentally bred by Nubian buck.

chickchick

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks to all the insightful things I've read on Backyardherds, the goats are in much better hands than they were before I found y'all, thank you! For example:
Ma has been going for walks often, to keep her in shape, Cinnamon runs circles around her, she needed some space too. I don't have fencing on our perimeter, so Ma is on a leash when we go. Learned the hard way, a neighbor across the street said hi, and Cinnamon booked across the road to greet her, I tried to catch her and it was impossible, then Ma ran after her. Dangerous I tell ya!
Also being very diligent in keeping chicken feed away, providing loose minerals, not over feeding before birth, but free access to nice orchard grass hay. Learned all this from you guys, simple things that are important! Still watching and waiting for birth of mixed breed kids, her last day with the bucks was October 18th, she lived with them 3 months prior. Here are pics from today, any predictions?

Attachments

• IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    678.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0294.JPG
    IMG_0294.JPG
    355.1 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0306.JPG
    IMG_0306.JPG
    389.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0308.PNG
    IMG_0308.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 150
Last edited:

chickchick

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
IMG_0298.JPG
Here is a cute pic, since I violate this poor goat daily, with feeling ligs and taking photos of her hooha. If it wasn't for treats she would never like me.:hu

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
150 days is March 17 so it can't be much longer. Is that discharge coming from her vulva or did you just catch her after she urinated? Didn't you say you had a pregnancy test done right after you got her and it was negative? She must have waited until the last possible day.

chickchick

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
That discharge was from her vulva, its the first time she has had that since I got her. When I first got her she had some discharge, so I took her to the vet for the pregnancy test on the 25th of October. Maybe it was her heat, I'm thinking you are correct, breeding was the last possible day or close to it.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
She was negative on 10/25 so less than 30 days so that means that she was bred between 9/25 and 10/18 but we can pretty much figure that she was bred after 10/1 or she would have had those kids by now. At this point I am going to be very safe in saying "before March 20th" How's that for hedging my bets? If the discharge turns amber in color it is time.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sure hope that's twins, because if not, that's looking like it's gonna be one very large kid! Waiting along with you, but probably (assuredly) a lot less stressful for me. :cool: Best wishes! :fl:pop

chickchick

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hoping and praying for twins or more! I thought there were no ligaments today, her tail area is smooshy, but the ligaments became noticeable again a few hours later. I'll keep you posted. Thanks everyone for your concern and support. Almost there!

Last edited:

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
She is quite lovely. And she has a nice little udder. She doesn't look enormous. Pretty normal actually. Her hips look OK to deliver a fair sized kid. Good luck.