Nigerian Dwarf Goats and feeding

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Sheryl, congrats on becoming another human owned by goats! Welcome to BYH, glad you found us, tickled pink you are here and posting.

Yes, your girls can have the pellets with AC as long as you are not milking them for your consumption. Also check the label on the pellet bag to see if the pellets are "medicated" that usually means a drug to help prevent cocci. You do not want to be drinking that milk either. Although to be honest no one has ever told me why, just don't do it.

I have Nigerians and feed my boys and wethers a medicated pellet with both AC and the stuff for cocci. My girls get a separate pellet that has no medication. Yeah it is a slight pain in the lower half to deal with two feeds that look a lot alike, but I mark the galvanized iron cans with pink or blue duct tape.

Can I ask a favor? Would you put your general location in your profile? It is helpful to know someone's general area when answering some questions. It makes tailoring the answer easier. Your state is general enough. We might shamelessly beg you for pictures of your goaties but we won't come camp on your front steps. Promise. Unless invited.