Nigerian Dwarf Goats - Questions for Breeder

irret13

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello again! We are meeting with the goat breeder this weekend. They have babies due end of April/beginning of May. Any recommendations on questions to ask them would be appreciated. I am undecided if I want to get two neutered males or one neutered male and a female to possibly breed and milk later on. They will be pets for sure but I am thinking about fresh cheese and butter...

Noahsoak

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello again! We are meeting with the goat breeder this weekend. They have babies due end of April/beginning of May. Any recommendations on questions to ask them would be appreciated. I am undecided if I want to get two neutered males or one neutered male and a female to possibly breed and milk later on. They will be pets for sure but I am thinking about fresh cheese and butter...
I'm new here, but I don't see any replies. .?
I'd get a female and one wether (neutered male) that way you'll have your doe to breed if you wish.

I'd say with Nigerians forget any substantial amount of butter.
Cheese another story. If I remember correctly (2 years since I've had milk until now) I was getting a couple pounds of chèvre per gallon of milk.