Nigerian dwarf growth

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
When will my little Nigerian dwarf be done growing? She will be a year old in early march and only weighs about 20-25lbs due to the previous owner not providing her the proper nutrition as she was growing. Poor nala is only losing weight vs gaining because the other goats are bullying her away from any and all food, she’s scared all the time now. I’ve had her for about two months and she’s only lost weight, if this continues, I’ll probably sell her to someone with nonagressive or smaller goats.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
She needs to be fed separately!

This won't improve until you do and more growth stunting will happen. Do arrange this. Even a large crate at feeding time will work, outside of others pen so they don't intimidate trying to take hers. Or a collar and lead, tie her out.

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
She needs to be fed separately!

This won't improve until you do and more growth stunting will happen. Do arrange this. Even a large crate at feeding time will work, outside of others pen so they don't intimidate trying to take hers. Or a collar and lead, tie her out.
I will try this. But the only problem is that every time she is separated she bawls for her mom and doesn’t touch her food. I’m going to try a crate inside the pen with the other goats, mom lets her eat, it’s the other three does and the Buck that’s the problem.

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So she and mom can be fed together, separate from others....easy peasy. ☺️
Will do. How small is too small to breed? Unfortunately i probably won’t be able to keep her if she can’t earn her keep by producing some babies (as mean as that may sound, they’re not my rules🤷‍♀️I DO still live in my parents house lol)