Nigerian Dwarf Testicle Size

BDaY

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Yup throwing it all out there from the get go! Haha. Hope everyone is well. The little goaties are doing great and they're not so little anymore! So my little fella as usual is my problem child. He's finally growing like a weed and filling out (no longer the skinny runt he was!) So we waited to castrate him so he could grow a little more and we're coming up on him being 12 weeks old. So castration day came but we found that it appears his testicle either haven't descended yet or they're just very very small (maybe the size of grapes?) No buck behavior yet luckily but I'm just wondering if because he's been a slow developer if he's just a late bloomer or if this is the normal sized testicles of a Nigerian dwarf since they're minis. Or am I dealing with a cryptorchid goat? Thank you!

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, that doesn't sound right :eek:
Any chance you could have a vet look at him?

When you feel, do you have him flipped on his back or is he standing in a normal position?

BDaY

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I didn't think that was right! We did flip him upside down had his head between our legs and holding his back legs up. We checked again when I was holding him to trim hooves. (Spoiled thing likes to be held like a baby haha) I'll see about getting him to the vet. He urinates like a boy but I haven't looked for any girl parts. What are the odds right? I'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Try to feel when he is standing upright in a normal position. I know several folks have missed a testicle when banding because they had the lamb/kid on its back.

Maybe put some feed down and when he starts eating try and feel again.