Nigerian dwarfs, interducing B.O.S.S

junkman

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
hello, I'm new to the forum and only had my goats for about 5 months. I have a question pertaining boss, I have been reading different discussions on feeding boss to their goats. my question is, how do you interduce the boss to your goats? and what do they gain from eating it? I tried giving them a 1/4 cup each of boss with their grain this morning, they get fed in individual bowls, but they turned their nose to them, leaving behind the boss and some of their grain. which they never leave grain behind. they seem to happy and healthy.

I feed them
Nutrena country feeds 16% medicated

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH :frow

Is there a reason why you feel they need BOSS? Are they does, bucks, or wethers?

I don’t understand the craze for BOSS honestly. I have fed it to the does in the past, a few liked it but most didn’t. Didn’t do much for production etc. I am opposed to feeding to to male goats, it is very high in phosphorus and is UC waiting to happen :(

If they don’t like it, I wouldn’t force it on them.

junkman

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH :frow

Is there a reason why you feel they need BOSS? Are they does, bucks, or wethers?

I don’t understand the craze for BOSS honestly. I have fed it to the does in the past, a few liked it but most didn’t. Didn’t do much for production etc. I am opposed to feeding to to male goats, it is very high in phosphorus and is UC waiting to happen :(

If they don’t like it, I wouldn’t force it on them.
thank you, I didn't know anything about boss and feeding it to the goats, other than reading other post, that people feed it to their goats, so I thought I would give it a try with mine. I have (weathers) i don't want UC so I will not try to give it to them anymore

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
You can always throw it out for the song birds... Most of them LOVE BOSS, or even the chickens. :D