No bunny compares to you...

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Which is why I'm happy to be here, interacting with all of you. :) My name is Faye, but you can call me YourRabbitGirl. I am just starting to grow my colony of these cute furries, and I joined this forum to gain more insights and tips in successfully taking care of these furbabies.

Quick question: What's your best tip for a bunny mom newbie?

Thanks!

And oh, here's a picture of a cute bunny, just in case you need something to turn a bad day around. ;) (P.S. bunny pic not mine--gotta brush up on my photography skills first)

5bf43911110d4c1bb210b93c-750-563.jpg

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
She’s adorable!! What breed? Always keep fresh hay. Timothy hay. It’s way cheaper to buy a bale than buying a tiny thing at the store..if you have room. Make sure she’s getting lots of exercise. Rabbits deal with digestive issues. If they stop moving around as much and have a swollen belly you need to get her moving. Massage the belly. I would keep Simethicone drops on hand —-baby isle—-just in case she does ever get this bloat issue...especially if you’re getting more. When you are getting more, make sure you post first because there are some helpful tips for introducing bunnies to each other to make it go smoother. Bunnies are pretty easy and do better in the cold than hot. In summer you can freeze water bottles and put in cage. Now, you might want to get a sturdy dog bowl that you can bang out the frozen water...one they won’t tip easy..cause they push it all over. Those water bottles freeze inside and then you have issues. So, I just use the bowls over the winter...but, I have a ton of bunnies. What’s her/his name? And I didn’t say welcome yet..but you’ll meet a ton of great pe on here...you might want to check out the @Xerocles thread for his new bunnies..it has tons of info since he’s basically asking the same questions.
Welcome to BYH and we look forward to learning more about your animals and seeing Mose pictures!

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:welcome Be prepared to have your head spinning when you ask for help here. Everyone is so nice and you will probably get more advice than you can handle.
BIG point. You may want to put your location (state) in your profile. Different set of rules for raising rabbits in Florida and having bunnies in Quebec.
How many, what breeds, housed inside or out, what sexes, urban or rural, other "pets"? (We're nosy).
Welcome, don't be bashful, and lets learn together.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH!
My advice would be...don't follow any one person's opinions, point of view, advice etc...
That was my biggest issue when i first started raising rabbits. I found one website, or watched one person's videos and thought 'i'll follow their rules and not try anything else' and that ended up being my biggest mistake.

Gather up all the information you can...find out what you like and what you don't like, what you agree with and don't...and always keep an open mind. Try new things, listen to others and put your own spin on things too. You'll find that you can come up with some pretty darn good solutions to your bunny problems by using your own ideas or mixing a bunch of them together to create a super-solution! Don't be scared to try new things when it comes to your rabbit/rabbits. Not much is known at all about the health of rabbits or the proper treatments for diseases and illnesses. Even if you 'think' an idea might work, but no one else has tried it...go for it!
This is what i wish someone would've told me when i first got my rabbits so i hope this helps ;)

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Which is why I'm happy to be here, interacting with all of you. :) My name is Faye, but you can call me YourRabbitGirl. I am just starting to grow my colony of these cute furries, and I joined this forum to gain more insights and tips in successfully taking care of these furbabies.

Quick question: What's your best tip for a bunny mom newbie?

Thanks!

And oh, here's a picture of a cute bunny, just in case you need something to turn a bad day around. ;) (P.S. bunny pic not mine--gotta brush up on my photography skills first)

View attachment 68253
Welcome!! That Is SOOOO CUTE!! I hope you can show more pictures of that cutie!! :D:D:D:D