No pasture, don't want hay, what's a poor farmer girl to do?

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hate dealing with hay SO MUCH.

I think I'll try the all pellet diet anyway, just to stop hacking hay bits out my lungs, nose and rinsing out my eyes twice a day...
Starting to give me headaches, might be developing an allergy because of it.

I guess, if I bought excellent timothy/orchard hay, then cost wise, it wouldn't be much different than the pellets. Humm

Or maybe I can have an order made of sheep pellets, a thousand pounds at a time. Yikes!

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
@secuono ...that is what I do with my honda odyssey, except I dropped the rear seats and covered the trunk first in tarps, then polywall. Next iteration may be a plywood tray built to fit (by me). You can fit a lot of hay or goats (therefore sheep) in a mini van, and I can transport IN THE RAIN...unlike a truck. And the goats get all they can watch Pre-K cartoons on the way to where ever we are going. :celebrate I'm sure they love it as we all go bawling down the highway.

But anyway, I approve of your use of car. If you build a mini van box like that I recommend putting in hooks for tying leashes on, or making a hole in each box so you can clip or tie animals on tethers onto the seat in front of them's "quick latch"or "quick connect" metal loops or whatever they're called.