No way to face the winter.

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, Baldie is a more than 'averagely' bald Naked Neck who has decided to moult in December. A few nights back the temperature was well below freezing. This is what she looks like. She is indoors until such time she has a bit more than her 'Mohican' of pin feathers.

Baldie.jpg

Baldie (1).jpg

Not a pretty sight!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Kassaundra on BYC had a naked neck named Rudy that was naked all over and went on to produce more "naked" naked necks. I tried to find his thread, but found him styling some of the stylish outfits she sewed for him.

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ready-plucked is what poor Baldie is. Personally I find the totally naked birds a bit gross to look at....and they cannot stand any degree of cold, get sunburn in the summer and hens always have to have saddles as the roosters lacerate their backs and peck holes in their heads when they tread them.
Baldie was wearing a chicken jumper up until couple of hours before the pics. I took it off so she could preen the cases off her newly emerged feathers.
With regard to the question that someone was asking on BYC with regards to their weight....they vary a bit, but some of mine have weighed as much as 9lbs before eviscerating.

Latest posts