Non-chemical tanning in Jackson county AL?

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm in Jackson co Al and Iv been wanting to observe someone tan rabbit in the non-chemical way (like brains or woodsman style with smoker..)
Is it the brain tanning the same or different than when brain tanning deer? YouTube videos don't allow me to be up close in areas I want to see when certain things are shown so I'd like to meet and learn from someone. Allow me to look and feel for differences at stages as it goes. (If it is different than deer tanning)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you can't find someone close by to mentor you, then just take the plunge and try one. If you fail at the process, then you will win at learning what to do the next time. Be sure to document step by step and post pictures here, your trials could help somebody else. We all pitch in to learn new things here and bounce ideas off each other. Maybe we won't be tanning hides, but we can always encourage you on your journey and cheer for you!

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thank you baymule. I'm more likely have to dive in without someone holding my hand lol I will definitely keep everyone updated with whatever I end up trying.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, often times, just as much can be learned from failing as from successes.
But, tenacity is a virtue.

The Wright brothers at Kitty Hawk wasn't man's first attempt at flying by any stretch..

Latest posts