Resource icon

Normal Labor and Delivery of a Lamb

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
If it's been over 12 hours and you can't afford a vet you've got to intervene. If you've already felt feet and head then it sounds like the baby is in the correct position. Grab the leading foot and start pulling...gently at first until you see if the head is going to follow. Your ewe is probably tired out by now and may or may not be able to help you. If you don't get the baby out the ewe is going to die so don't be afraid to try.

If you can't get it, and if you can't get help or a vet, please put her down and don't let her die a slow horrible death.

Sending prayers your way.

PyrOfTheFlock

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have a few videos of my ewe, Shadow, having her first twins, they were her second lambing. I got a new ewe that is a rambouillet merino mix and she has some massive udders now and is really round, her vulva also seems to be a bit swollen, can anyone tell me when I might be expecting babies from her? I am keeping a close eye on her for now, it is below freezing here and I want to be ready to move her to a warmer place when she has them. Should I be worried if no one is home when she has them though? How long can the babies last out in this cold weather? We have a few calfhuts with a bit of straw in them but that is all we have for them to stay out of the weather.

SCLeppyLvr

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I just check on her and nothing but she is laying and beathing I don't have the money for a vet to come what can I do some plz help me I love mine anmails but I lost my job
It's a bit late but how did this sheep do and is the lamb okay?