Norseofcourse Lambing 2016 - recap and more pics

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
That's awesome! Glad Rose finally let that "little" one out! Much longer and you might have had to do a C-section! :D

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, it took me about a week to catch up on sleep, then I started catching up on all the things I hadn't gotten done while waiting for the sheep to lamb! I'm still not caught up (who ever is?), but I managed to get a few pictures to share.

It's getting easier to see that Brosa has one black/white lamb (on the right) and one moorit/white. The moorit is so dark when they are born! I am still not sure if their undercoats will come in white, or the same color as their outer coats.

brosa2016lambs.jpg

Her moorit/white lamb looks cute from the other side, too:

brosa2016mooritlamb.jpg

Here's Lukka's firstborn lamb. It's hard to get a good picture of a black (or mostly black) lamb, but I keep trying because her markings are so striking:

lukka2016lamb.jpg

And finally, a picture of Rose's single lamb. She's not even 12 hours old in this picture, hopefully you can see how much 'leggier' she is than the other lambs. She is doing well - I never even penned Rose after her birth.

rose2016lamb.jpg

I am very thankful that lambing season went well, with no major problems. I only missed seeing Gracie's lambs born - and only by about an hour or so. I was hoping for boys, but ended up with 6 girls and one boy - oh well... they are happy and healthy and bouncing around, so it's all good. Thanks for coming along on this year's lambing journey!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here's Lukka's firstborn lamb. It's hard to get a good picture of a black (or mostly black) lamb, but I keep trying because her markings are so striking:

Can I have her? I love her and I am willing to try a lamb again. I really do love her. She doesn't even look real! Seriously... so perfect.
I want to put her pic on my FB... Absolutely stunning.

Did I say I want her? :love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love

Brosa has one black/white lamb (on the right)

This reminds me of our Jacobs we had... they had the patches around the eyes and "kissy lips" so cute!

Soooooo... are you selling Lukka's lamb?