Norseofcourse's lambing 2017 - new pics

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
@LocoYokel - thanks! I can't imagine doing this with a calf or a foal, with those tremendously long legs.
Brosa did great, if it was any of the others it might have been even more difficult, as she is the one friendliest with me.
Good job getting them out. I had a doe deliver triplets this year, all breech. :th The first one had its legs in the right place and she delivered it alone, but the next two was like your lamb, the legs were tucked so I had to go fishing. It is a fantastic sense of fulfillment when it all works out in the end.
Yes, it sure is. When the vet was out with Rose and helped dialate her cervix and deliver her lamb, he said it's always great to get them out alive. I didn't know at the time that I'd be living that statement a few weeks later. He is certainly right! Congrats on yours!

@Latestarter and @NH homesteader - thanks :)

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thought I'd post a few pics. This first is Rose's lamb, she is growing fast and is much bigger than any of the others. She is a single, ten days older than the next lambs, and Rose has lots of milk (which I will be stealing from soon <evil laugh>)

lamb20c.jpg

Brosa's twins are doing great, and she is being a very good mom.

brosalambs2017.jpg

Lukka's little girl is very photogenic! Sometimes she will just stand there posing.

drunalamb2017a.jpg

Drunalamb2017b.jpg

Lukka and her twins are doing ok. She still doesn't like the little ram lamb, but she adores the ewe lamb. They are out unsupervised most of the time, but I'm still penning the lambs at night, and occasionally during the day for an hour or so, to make sure the ram nurses (they both run to Lukka and nurse when let out). He doesn't always notice and run fast enough to Lukka when his sister nurses, but he's gotten better. Lukka still headbutts him away if he gets too near her head, or if he wants to nurse and she's not ready to let them. But he's nearly the same size as his sister, if not equal, so he's managing.

casportpony

True BYH Addict
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd post a few pics. This first is Rose's lamb, she is growing fast and is much bigger than any of the others. She is a single, ten days older than the next lambs, and Rose has lots of milk (which I will be stealing from soon <evil laugh>)

View attachment 31500

Brosa's twins are doing great, and she is being a very good mom.

View attachment 31501

Lukka's little girl is very photogenic! Sometimes she will just stand there posing.

View attachment 31503

View attachment 31502

Lukka and her twins are doing ok. She still doesn't like the little ram lamb, but she adores the ewe lamb. They are out unsupervised most of the time, but I'm still penning the lambs at night, and occasionally during the day for an hour or so, to make sure the ram nurses (they both run to Lukka and nurse when let out). He doesn't always notice and run fast enough to Lukka when his sister nurses, but he's gotten better. Lukka still headbutts him away if he gets too near her head, or if he wants to nurse and she's not ready to let them. But he's nearly the same size as his sister, if not equal, so he's managing.
OMG, how cute are those! They look so soft, I just want to snuggle them!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
They really are adorable! Really looking forward to when I can get my sheep herd started, but they'll be hair sheep, not woolies...

Latest posts