NorthRidge Farm. Getting into Goats!

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Jaime this is my favourite goat! My lord she is so pretty!
IMG_3312.JPG

Jaime

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thank you 😊 She's definitely a favorite around here. Went from being our most skittish doe to one of our most needy/friendliest does Lol! She's definitely a flashy one too, can't wait to see what she'll give us next kidding season~💕
IMG_9092.JPG

Jaime

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes! I'm waiting for Annabelle my jersey to come in heat to have her artificially bred. and my gilt truffles (The little tri-colored girl i kept from last year's litter) Is due on September the 4th~ I'm up to 16 goats. 12 does and 4 bucks. I plan on retaining quite a few does from this coming kidding season so i expect to have around 20 or more does next year. I'm actually working on putting up a new barn strictly for goats and hay storage. I'm thinking it'll be a 48' by 50' A framed barn. We're in the works of clearing the forest next to us where we're going to put the barn up. The plan is to have it up before winter so I can move all my goats before the kidding season starts.
Here's what we've gotten done so far..
705.jpg
48133.jpg
94877.jpg
30132.jpg
68276.jpg
70522.jpg

12386.jpg

They're gotten a whole lot more of the forest cleared today, i'll have more pictures up later~

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Virginia! I have the full sized, Saanen & Nubians. Because of that, I have a lot of white! :D But it's ok. Some have colors. Goats are addicting!! They are SMART. Some of mine can open gate latches, one has learned to turn the handle on the barn feed room. :thGood thing she's one of my favorites. I do milk. You have learned to post lots of pics -- our favorite thing!!

We went from having two wethers to 12 does and 4 bucks! :hide Goats can definitely be addicting :oops:

It sure happens fast, right? Well we understand and sympathize and encourage even more here. Yep, enablers! Even when your friends and family question you -- we understand.

Pedigree and show quality isn’t needed! GOATS are fantastic just because they are Goats. I love my Mixed breed goats! Fantastic pets.

Goats just have personality plus! They actually want to be friendly, even if scared at first -- at any opportunity, they will become your best bud. I have registered and not....love them all.

So -- if you want dairy I can assume you plan to milk? A lot of milk with that many. Trust me, you will need another frig, so plan now! Also, check into your local laws for what you can do, sales wise, with the milk. Here in VA they don't allow raw milk sales except for pet & craft use. Herd shares are tolerated. To pasteurize & sell, you need licenses, separate facilities, inspections and a lot more. Of course, chickens and pigs will sure drink it! I love my goat milk -- it's delish. Oh -- be ready for people to go "eeeewwww" when you say goat milk. But, Worldwide goat milk is the most used!! Yep, USA is the cow milk country.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes! I'm waiting for Annabelle my jersey to come in heat to have her artificially bred. and my gilt truffles (The little tri-colored girl i kept from last year's litter) Is due on September the 4th~ I'm up to 16 goats. 12 does and 4 bucks. I plan on retaining quite a few does from this coming kidding season so i expect to have around 20 or more does next year. I'm actually working on putting up a new barn strictly for goats and hay storage. I'm thinking it'll be a 48' by 50' A framed barn. We're in the works of clearing the forest next to us where we're going to put the barn up. The plan is to have it up before winter so I can move all my goats before the kidding season starts.
Here's what we've gotten done so far..View attachment 75799.View attachment 75800View attachment 75801View attachment 75802View attachment 75803View attachment 75804
View attachment 75805
They're gotten a whole lot more of the forest cleared today, i'll have more pictures up later~
You must be having so much fun with the goats! I can't imagine having 20 goats. :ep:woot
I definitely can't wait to see Truffles piglets. :love. I hope you can get the barn and hay shed built before winter sets in.

Last edited:

Jaime

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hello young Lady. :frow
I was looking through some old pictures I have. Look at how adorable Truffles was as a piglet. ❤🐷🐽
I hope Everything is going well with you. 👍View attachment 76036View attachment 76037

She was such a sweet little piggie when she was little! she's all big now, i'll have to get some pictures of her~ 😁

It's been a busy busy week, So sorry for the lack of posts! Here's a quick update on what i've gotten done so far~

All of the leveling and clearing is finally finished! We cleared almost 2 acres of forest for a goat pasture and our barn. Currently working on what kind of pasture we want to plant for them to graze on, here are some before and after pictures~!
17151.jpg
53347.jpg
4392.jpg
93410.jpg
77830.jpg
31454.jpg
8154.jpg

Also just managed to get our hay done just before the rain! ;)

20410.jpg

We put a deposit down for the barn, hopefully we'll have it up as early as August. I've been having fun playing around with blueprints for the interior of the barn, here's what I have so far as for plans, I'm already excited to start working on the interior once the barn is put up~!
Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 1.01.58 PM (1).png

barnplans.png

I'd also like to put in lofts above the goat pen/stalls and workshop for more hay storage, the lean-to i'll be putting up myself to save a little extra $$

And last but not least we added another goat to my herd~! Drove 6 hours and back for him :sick This little boy here is Straightway Farm SF Golden boy, a beautiful buckling that i couldn't resist buying :love He's got some amazing milk lines behind him that I'm very excited to add in my herd. A fun little thing about him is that his sire's dam's sire is actually the same buck that sired the 2016 Colorama doe kid that sold for $16k, I never knew you could sell a goat for so much :oops:

These pictures don't do him justice, He's got lovely confirmation and very dairy skin you can grab easily~ i'll try and get some pictures of him standing properly once he's adjusted in his new home~ :D =D

Last edited: