NorthRidge Farm. Getting into Goats!

Jaime

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of updates, Things have been a little crazy around here with getting the barn put up :caf Hopefully now everything is cleared up and we'll be getting our barn built in a couple of weeks :fl

But besides that, we did a little splurging and bought a few more animals :D =D We've decided that we don't want to raise jerseys anymore. So sadly we'll be selling Annabelle and her heifer Bambi. They'll be going to their new home this Saturday. And because we're selling them both, we're buying a small herd of Irish Dexters~! A heifer, a cow who just calved(She sadly doesn't come with the calf) and a steer for the freezer ;) Picking them up the second week of September.
We plan on inseminating both the girls once the heifer is about 14-15 months, So in about 2 months from now :woot Here are some pictures of the lovely herd
IMG-5432.JPG
IMG-5431.JPG
IMG-5430.JPG

And as for what's new in the goat world, We've just started breeding season :woot So far i believe Hazel, Nutter, Fudge, and our new goat we just added, Demi, Are already bred :D =D My two horned girls, Tilly and Ginny haven't gone into heat for a while so i'm thinking a buck might have possibly gotten to them during their last heat ๐Ÿค”
Just took them to the vet to get their blood drawn so i can get them tested and confirm whether or not they are actually bred.. Hopefully they're not! I'd like to know who the father is this time for those two ๐Ÿ˜“

And finally we added 5 more does to our herd! Now up to 19 does and 5 bucks ๐Ÿ˜ณ 3 of the new girls we bought are sired by our new buck Merlin, so it's nice to see what he throws without having to wait for 5 months~
IMG_9449.JPG
IMG_9484.JPG
IMG_9462.JPG
IMG_9447.JPG
IMG_9527.JPG

We're very excited to have these two lovely girls in our herd, I absolutely love their confirmations~!
Ophelia, the black one,could use a more level rump and rear leg angulation but i love love love the width, length and body capacity on this girl:love She's about four and a half months old so we'll be breeding her with the rest of the juniors in November. And no, she isn't that big, I had my younger sister help position them for pictures, Shortness runs in my family, I'm 5 foot and my sister is 4'10 ๐Ÿ˜…
IMG_4193.JPG

This Is Demi, this picture doesn't do her justice, she's a bit hunched up but she has a nice level rump, good body length and capacity. Could use more levelness in her topline and chine and more length to her neck. But her udder confirmation is to die for! She is bred to our Buck merlin who also has good udder confirmation in his lines, So we'll definitely be keeping any does and possibly a buck from this girl.
IMG_4173 (1).JPG

Last edited:

Jaime

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
These are our lovely girls that are (possibly) bred

First up is Hazelnut, Due on December the 13th. She's one of our polled girls so we're really hoping for a polled doeling to keep from her :fl
IMG_4161.JPG

She is bred to our Buck Cappuccino, pic below

IMG_8874.JPG

Next up is Nutter, Another one of our polled girl. She is due on December the 19th and was also bred to Cappuccino
IMG_4160.JPG

Demi is due on the 26th, And after her is Fudge, due on December the 31st
IMG_4170.JPG

Fudge is bred to our buck, Merlin to hopefully correct her fore udder attachments.
IMG_9148.JPG

And our two girls that we aren't sure about, Tilly and Ginny
IMG_4178 (2).JPG IMG_4183 (2).JPG

I'm also very excited to use our newest buck Or, I should say buckling, Golden boy for breeding. He will be used for our youngest does, Had to show him off, he's too pretty not to ๐Ÿ˜‰
IMG_4136.JPG

Last edited:

Jaime

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good afternoon! the barn is finally put up :th It was exhausting but we're glad it's over now :rolleyes: Goats are doing great too.
121069711_1362624244068610_4189771689466862960_n.jpg
IMG_0693.JPG
IMG_0695.JPG
IMG_9223.JPG
IMG_9222.JPG
IMG_9232.JPG

Our goats are already excited and exploring their new home. Can't wait to move them out of their crowded pens and into the barn~! Most are pregnant and getting grumpy, so i'm sure they'll appreciate the extra space.

On another note, we got our cows! It's so nice having raw cow milk again :drool been busy making all sorts of things with it~
They've adjusted nicely in their new home, and Annabelle is much more happy now that she has friends..
IMG_9193.JPG
IMG_9167.JPG
IMG_9182.JPG

I plan on getting them all bred next time they come into heat. It'll be done artificially since we couldn't find a purebred dexter bull.

Jaime

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Some other news going on here on the farm,
Our pig truffles had a litter of 11 piglets a few weeks ago, sadly 3 were still born but the rest are doing great
IMG_9252.JPG
IMG_9259.JPG

We also added a breeding pair of Miniature donkeys :hide So much for downsizing ๐Ÿ˜…
The Jenny is bred and due next summer, our plan is to hopefully integrate them with the goats in the new barn.
IMG_9249.JPG

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Holy smokes Jaimie! :woot You really have a fantastic barn. I love all the pictures. Truffles is looking happy being a Momma pig.
I look forward to seeing the baby Donkey. ๐Ÿ‘