Not a bottle lamb???

ancient

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Good morning,
So there is a sheep farmer near us which is where we got our first lamb(bottle lamb) 3 years ago. We got one last year as well. This year we thought we would keep the tradition . When we went to pick up the what I thought would be a bottle lamb last night, the farmer said she was getting some milk(mom had triplets ) but as the lambs got older she was getting less . He said she is already just on grass/hay, grain and water. She is 4and a half weeks. I tried several attempts at a bottle and she won't take it ( which is what the man said). Will she be ok without milk or should I keep trying to push the bottle on her?

mysunwolf

Herd Master
Reaction score
She is fine, in the dairy world we wean at 30 days. The most important thing is that they are healthy with a lot of meat on them and eating/drinking well on their own.

ancient

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks for easing my mind 🤗 she is eating grass/hay like a champ and I did get her to start taking some milk(raw goat milk frozen from last milk season). We take in a orphan lamb for my daughter to raise each year. I know she would be devastated if little Eunice didn't make it