Not a disease but.....

MyZoo

Just born
Reaction score
My Mini Lop got stung on her paw two weeks ago. She pulled out all her hair around the area, scratching and biting it the day it happened causing a cut. The area has healed now and scabbed over but she continues to lick it and pull the hair out and sometimes creates another cut. Not sure why she is continuing to do this but any suggestions of how I can get her to stop would be great.

trestlecreek

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
How do you know she got stung?;)
What does the wound look like? Do you have a picture?

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I would cover that if I were you. My dog cut her foot on some glass a few months ago, and because she kept licking it, it kept bleeding. After we cleaned it and covered it with gauze and vet wrap, it healed and she was fine after.

mully

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Dogs can and will keep a wound from healing because they think that biting and licking the area is a real cure and it makes it feel better. There is a product called bitter apple that tastes bad and keeps most animals from the wound., you may have to apply it several times a day. I use tea tree oil for everything, straight out of the bottle. It is soothing to them and keeps flies away while healing the wound.