Not opening eyes....

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, all my litters have gone great...no real issues..I lost a few, but had a ton of healthy kits!! So, in this litter I have now...about three weeks old? The one little grey guy never did open his eyes...now, a white one has closed eyes...but, I’m almost positive he was fine, because I check on them daily....there are three white, but I usually let them out beside each other so I can check. What to do? This bunn6 has already been promised to someone...who is already mad at me for trying to change my mind about selling one of my does.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
It was nest box eye!! I had in a different thread that a bunny wouldn’t open his eyes...I was directed to an article on nest box eyes....I went out with my saline, that , of course I have from my ducks... :lol: I first did the bunny that hadhis eyes open, and then they closed. His eyes opened real wide...like...hello!! Then I did the little grey guy that’s been this way from the start. Oh my goodness..they are stI’ll only a tiny bit open...but. He is sooooo happy now!! He scamperEd around the cage and in the bowl of feed I have for the little ones. I don’t think he ever found that? He’s much smaller than therest, but, now that I know to watch him, I think he’ll catch up right away!! Thanks you guys!!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Keep an eye on them since nest box eye is actually a small infection. Next litter make sure that yiu take the next box out at 2 weeks old.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Keep an eye on them since nest box eye is actually a small infection. Next litter make sure that yiu take the next box out at 2 weeks old.
So, nest box out? How do they stay warm and cozy? I brought them outside to give them fresh air..we got snow last night.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
U...the bunnies are doing great..there is only one that still needs some bit of attention. I still put a drop in his eyes every day, but they are sooo much better! I took out the next box, but gave them lots of hay to snuggle in..change it daily. The ACV seems to have really helped a ton! And I even think it helps th3 water to not freeze as fast...is that possible? Because, if it is...I’m buying stock in it, because I’ll being using gallons a day!🤣❤️😀👍🐰🐷🐓🐐

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
U...the bunnies are doing great..there is only one that still needs some bit of attention. I still put a drop in his eyes every day, but they are sooo much better! I took out the next box, but gave them lots of hay to snuggle in..change it daily. The ACV seems to have really helped a ton! And I even think it helps th3 water to not freeze as fast...is that possible? Because, if it is...I’m buying stock in it, because I’ll being using gallons a day!🤣❤😀👍🐰🐷🐓🐐
It does. I use it most of the winter. Supposed help rabbits be in the "mood" too. This I have not noticed.