Not our LGD but our GSD!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
The GSD has never managed to catch on how to play fetch either
Honestly the whole "fetch" thing IMO is an insult to an actual intelligent well bred GSD. My one bitch years ago had no ball drive so not a Schutzund candidate BUT REAL PREY... no match. She would look at us like seriously? A ball? you want me to chase after a ball?

On the flip side I see so many GSD's that come out of working lines that are not evaluated for there proper placement. Lots of crazys out there."Lina" is a bit nuts too. :p Yet her recall is exceptional and is high in obedience. Her endurance has toned down a bit. I use to say she could pass her endurance test and probably never even pant. After about 6-7 miles now she is ready for a "nap". :D

When we first got her the breeder said SHE WILL KILL CHICKENS! Lena learned mostly on day 1 but by end of week that was it. She may be nuts but she is smart. ;)

Our old shep came from great lines but one major flaw that seemed to be hereditary... their "out". In all the judges remarks that was always the one. When called out they would hold on just a little longer... IOW they didn't like to release. ;)

Lena's sire was 22nd overall in the world. #1 Red Sable in the world.

Funny thing though... she learned hard and fast that the LGD's are NO match for her. They show such grace with her. Badger will take his paw and just smack her in the head or push her out of the way. :lol:

What video? Seriously I don't see a video here.
If you go to the original post a wait a second the link will show as a video... or it should. You can see it on my FB

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This is my dogs g-g-grandsire, dont' mind their horrible choice in techno Celine Dion music, you've been warned! lol:

The other g-g-grandsire I can't recall his name, same kennel though, and his out is basically non-existent. The guy literally has to pull him off the helper. I did Sch. with my dogs father but he likes to bite everything/everyone - sleeve or not and zero out - you basically had to choke him off of things to include other peoples dogs, he made life a living nightmare. Her sister is the same way. Mine isn't bitey like that, but scatter-brained! She gets all excited and wants to play, but throw the ball and she looks baffled, doesn't like any other toys either. She'd be great if she wasn't so hyper 24/7, this dog has no chill.