Not sure what to do (RANT)

Fluffygal

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
GLENMAR said:
SkyWarrior said:
I mentioned your problem to my husband who says your SO needs to "man up" and drink goat's milk. :gig

Your brother too. :caf

As for your neighbor, get a hand pump so she can milk your goats. :thumbsup
Ok that made me :gig Thanks guys.

I am sure it will be better after a little break.
The best way to get the guys to want it is to make ice cream (which ever is his favorite flavor) I have not met a guy yet that would turn down ice cream. :D
I got the ice cream maker, just need a doe in milk. Right now none of my girls are in milk; but, I think Bella may finally be knocked up for late summer babies.

pandorasun6

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
If you can't sell the milk, can't you give it away? I saw someone else post about craigslist ads and saying "not for human consumption" but I think that is a legal disclaimer and people buy or consume free milk for weening human babies and children with intolerance to cows milk, there is an actual need for it from what I hear. Also useful for other goat owners who have a doe that won't nurse all her kids or who dies in childbirth.. going down the drain makes me cringe~ good luck

Suburbanfarmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
BHOBCFarms said:
Someone where I live sells his goat milk on craigslist and explicitly says its not for human consumption, but is good for soapmaking, etc. Maybe you could sell it for extra $?
This is a good idea. Remember that raw milk sales are not legal in every state. You should check into it. You can start here: http://www.farmtoconsumer.org/raw_milk_map.htm

quiltnchik

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Do you have other animals? I set the milk out on the counter and let it clabber for a few days before feeding it to the chickens and/or hogs, and the dogs get it straight from the jar. They love it!

GLENMAR

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I just ordered about 5 starter cultures from caprine supply. I am going to start practicing cheese making again.
Thanks for all your suggestions. I am feeling much better now.

wannacow

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I make a lot of mozzerella. Some for cheese sticks and some for pizza etc. Freezes very well. My family is always sad when the cheese is gone in the winter time. I only milk from feshening to breeding. I need the winter off. Chores are short and sweet in the winter. :D