Number 3

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Well I'm only a week late but I have been extremely busy, the weather thing....12/6/9 The 3rd doe of the fall Y series kidded. Lizzy had a big buckling kid. This is also her 2nd Y series kid, she kidded 1/27/9,her first was a very nice paint doeling that was added to my doe herd...So Get ready For this picture.....
490_dsc05046.jpg

This, I would consider, is a genuine wether prospect...Traditionally marked but with speckled pattern on both ears...Square,big boned...We shall see...He will also not be registered,again he could be,and he will carry the DBV Y24 tattoo....If he fills out early he may go to one of the Classics but he will ,For Sure, be at our county fair....Now if I could get doe #4 to kid...she is the last in the first group and according to my calculations is about 1 week overdue....

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
exactly what I thought....My daughter will show him at the fair...There will be 20-30 other wethers same size same pattern,traditional...He will stand out...That wins at the 4H level....providing his finish is there.

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I like that buck kid a lot.. What a neck on that guy! If when viewed from above, his shoulders are parallel to his spine or tip out a bit toward the back...well, I'd strongly consider leaving his tackle with him if he were mine.

Is he a hybrid? The frost on the ears makes me think Boer/Nubian..?

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
His mother is registered as 50% boer...His grandmother was a fullblooded Alpine that was bred, by me, to one of my fullblood boers, a paint billy. His father is Ivan, one of my fullblood registered billys. Ivan is an X series kid so this is my first kid crop from him, he is traditionally marked.
So as far as leaving this little guy intact? He would be of no use to me as a breeder, I only use fullblood billies....He would definitely make a nice stud for a commercial producer...BUT he will also be a very nice 4H prosepect for my daughter...Thanks everyone for the compliments.

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ok, so wait...lemme try to break that pedigree down..

Dam's 50% boer, so there's 25% Boer.
Dam's Dam is 100% Alpine, so there's 25% Alpine.
Sire is 100% boer, so there's another 50% Boer.

So...he's a quarter-Alpine Boer cross. Is that right?

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
grand dam 100% registered adga alpine....grand sire 100% fullblood registered boer...Making his dam 50% boer and registered as so....His sire is 100% fullblood boer, with papers that back him to SA...Making the kid, in theory, 75% boer...Or 25% alpine if you choose... He will not be registered but he could be...I see no reason to register wethers...The wethers I sell for prospects could be papered if the buyer desired...Why? who knows

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Where are you in Indiana, just out of curiosity..

And, can you take a picture of it from above looking straight down?

Depending on where you're at and what it looks like viewed directly from above...I may try a little harder to talk you out of wethering it. :D

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
cd/t, bose, tetanus anti,and excenel today right after he was Dehorned....I'll take the picture but he isn't for sale...My daughter would never speak to me again...I'll have billys just as good or better than him later in the year and they will be fullbloods...Well I think I will have some...actually I'd rather have all doelings out of the fullbloods....Northwest Indiana...the cold part incidently....

Latest posts