October Crazy-Hip Replacement

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Finnie you roasted yours face down, I roasted mine face up. I think you had the better idea! I've never used a squash to make pie, so this was fun to do.

It’s like we are living parallel lives, only you get more done than I do! 🤣

I love having my grandchildren visit, and I know you do too!

Isn't that funny! We both did the same thing this weekend!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I stripped the bed, washed the mattress covers and bedspread, vacuumed everything, dusted, cleaned, put up all his shoes that he likes to leave in a row along the wall, cleaned the bathroom, shower, scrubbed everything. He will be on a walker, so I have to make sure he has a clear walkway. He has a new Lazy Boy recliner with a handle to operate the footrest because his old recliner had a footrest he had to kick to close. Nothing to eat or drink since midnight. He showered in special soap last night. We are as ready as we can be.

We have to be there at 8:15 this morning, surgery at 10:30. He will spend the night at the hospital and come home tomorrow. Home Health Care will be here Friday, then twice a week for 3 weeks, then outpatient therapy.

I’ll grab a flashlight in a little while and go feed. Then change clothes, grab overnight bag and we’ll go.

Here we go again!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
BJ’s surgery went great, doctor said he’s going to need the other hip done too. He is in recovery now, the nurse will call me in about an hour. In the meantime I’ll practice my social distancing. Waiting rooms are bad enough, but with everyone all spaced out, heck, can’t even strike up a conversation with an equally bored person. Everybody is staring at their phones. Found a wall outlet, guess I’ll stare at my phone too. LOL LOL

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's great that his surgery went well. I guess you'll know the drill for the next one. I hope his recovery goes as smoothly. Do you know what they used for the joint? My sisters knees are titanium.

I found a reply I typed and forgot to hit send, it was a comment about your weekend with your girls. Sounded like a hoot and they will have some wonderful memories of the good times with their grandparents.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, titanium. He’s sitting in a chair watching TV, feeling pretty good. The glowing descriptions on the menu actually made us hopeful for a good meal. However, what showed up was obviously the cook having a bad night. Hospital food-you either give up and die or get the hell out as fast as you can. I promised him pork chops, okra and peas tomorrow night.