October Crazy-Hip Replacement

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, titanium. He’s sitting in a chair watching TV, feeling pretty good. The glowing descriptions on the menu actually made us hopeful for a good meal. However, what showed up was obviously the cook having a bad night. Hospital food-you either give up and die or get the hell out as fast as you can. I promised him pork chops, okra and peas tomorrow night.

I was in the hospital a couple of times recently and I think you may be erring on the side of hopeful on that food....the menu sounded great at my hospital too. I kid you not, it was the worst food ever each time a meal arrived. I kept thinking that it couldn't get worse but it just kept doing so! I found myself longing for hospital food from the past that I thought THEN was bad, but compared to this stuff was a gourmet offering of rare quality.

I guess when they build the bigger, airier building and huge waiting rooms that one could land a plane in, they took the money from the dietary department. :oops:

So glad the surgery was a success and that your hubs is feeling good! Praise God!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Adding my very glad that the surgery was a success...I guess you all will have to come to Duke in NC. Had fantastic food there. Son got to eat at a reduced price for a couple of meals, and he even raved about it. Tons of choices and didn't have anything that wasn't really, really good. The rehab/retirement place I went after wasn't as good, but decent with several choices, if you didn't want the meal on the daily/weekly menu. I would switch some of it. Much more bland food but I've had alot worse.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
To funny on food the hospital I gave birth to the boys at actually had really good food. They even gave us ribeye steaks dinner to celebrate the boys arrival. I am Glad his.surgry went well. Praying for a speedy recovery

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm happy he is doing well.

The hospital where I had my shoulder worked on is one of the best places in Pulaski to eat. Before the virus we used to go there quite a few times for lunch when we were in town.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are home. They finally let him go a little after 2 PM. We had to go to the pharmacy, then we went to vote. I went in ad told them that my husband just got out of the hospital with a hip replacement, wanted to vote, but couldn't stand in line. So a nice lady brought the voting machine to the car and we both voted. We got home, got BJ inside and I went out to do chores. Came in, cooked supper-REAL food!

Our granddaughters Face-time called us to see their Papaw. The 4 year old told our DD, "I want to see Papaw's hip, I hope it's bloody." :lol: He had to to show them the big long bandaid, but no blood. :D =D

When we pulled up to our gate, Trip, Carson and PARIS ran to greet us. Paris tried to climb in BJ's lap when he opened the car door, she was glad to see him. She had dug a hole under the fence and came out of the side pasture. She had started on a hole under the gate to the horses, going somewhere only she knows. I was VERY glad that Sentry and Sheba were inside Pasture #1 and not out in the yard. Paris would have gone after Sheba and it would not have been good. Dog drama. :th

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad you're home and things were ok. I'm always a bit worried about what might happen when we're not home overnight. I guess I'll get my chance to find out next week. My DH will be having a procedure and will be hospitalized overnight. Puppies have never slept outside. I guess I can put them in the wire kennel in the backyard with a crate to sleep in. They should be safe - but I can't guarantee they'll be happy, lol.

Latest posts