Official BYH Poll - New Year New You...Resolution Time!

Pick one or pick a few, it's all up to YOU! Be sure to elaborate down below.

• Eat healthier

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Get in shape

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Declutter

• Help more

• Teach someone something

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Learn something new

• Fix something

• Volunteer

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Spend less

• Quit smoking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Be more patient

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Just do it!

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Change nothing, I am perfect🙄

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Sleep more/less. (To bed @ normal time/wake earlier)

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (elaborate in comments)

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

BYH Project Manager

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It's almost a new year and guess what that means? Time to change something!

What can you change to make a better you?

First select an option in the poll above then tell us more about why you chose that option.

Anything is possible..

We want details. 🤓

3.jpg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
As you age sleep eludes you. I need to be more consistent with times to bed. ;) plan to expand gardening this year. Have place just need to refine it...so I can plant all these seed!!!!

Lastly, working on declutter. Actually most is more reorganizing what is here.

This isn't a resolution, as they usually fail within 60 days. Just where I'd like to improve.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Madhouse Pullet .... knees are a combination of several things. First off, injury to left knee as teenager, thrown off horse, came down wrong.... but it pretty much healed up with time.... then right knee has had a couple injuries.... car accidents ( not my fault) that wound up with a torn medial meniscus, orthoscopic surgery.... But alot of it is just many years of hard use. I waitressed for years....hard concrete floors.... then years of milking cows, again concrete floors..... and 30 years of milk testing in barns.... hard concrete floors..... It is as much hard use on hard floors..... but the couple of accidents really added to it. Right knee has been bad for 10+ years but ankle was worse.... that was from years of injuries and sprains.... and the replacement on that has been absolutely wonderful...... Getting the ankle fixed and painfree, made the pain in the knees just seem twice what it was.... case of take away the worst pain(ankle) and the next worse(right knee) gets more pronounced.......both knees are nearly equal in damage/worn out non-existent meniscus padding...... so get them both done in one shot and be done with the pain.
Word to the wise...... take care of your joints and try to not be on hard concrete floors, pounding for hours day after day... waitressing is one of the hardest things you can do to the knees.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't do resolutions once a year...I do them nearly every day. Once a year doesn't give anyone any practice, which is why few ever follow through on new year's resolutions. If a person wants to truly resolve to do better, it should be a daily resolve and accompanied with prayer for help in doing so. I accomplish nothing of any good on my own.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't do resolutions once a year...I do them nearly every day. Once a year doesn't give anyone any practice, which is why few ever follow through on new year's resolutions. If a person wants to truly resolve to do better, it should be a daily resolve and accompanied with prayer for help in doing so. I accomplish nothing of any good on my own.
Makes sense to look at it that way.
I guess I sorta do, on an everyday basis..... making lists of things I want and need to accomplish. Some of them are on there for weeks or months.... but often I do try to get things done that way. I do try to be thankful for some of what gets done, especially the ones that are unexpected.... because they are like a small gift I receive.
Sometimes the things that I "resolve to do" wind up getting changed..... but then I try to think that they were changed/altered for a reason..... and try to go from there.