Oh crap!

Rescuechick76

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Just recently moved my kids (about 2 months and 3 months Nigerian dwarfs) into their "house". It's an old shed that we insulated and lined with sheets of chip board. Well they have already decided to chew a hole in the wall :/
What do you all use for materials?

Ponker

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I use rough sawed oak and steel siding for our carport barn. It's still a work in progress but no destruction yet. They do like to nibble on the corners of the boards but they've not worked chunks off. Maybe they like the glue used to hold the chipboard together?

sadieml

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Always keep in mind that while goats are, in fact, picky eaters, they will taste, nibble, and chew almost anything. Especially if it's something standing between them and freedom. Just a few of the countless things to remember about our goatie babies:

1 - Goats melt. You must never allow goats to be rained upon.
2 - Goats are very curious.
3 - Goats are very clever and can learn to open gates, doors, latches, you name it.
4 - Goat math is a very real thing.
5 - Goats melt. (This one is very important to the goats and bears repeating.)
6 - Only cats are more self-important than goats, and goats are totally worth it. (Of course, as a cat lover I think cats are worth it, too, but goats are totally worth it and that is just a goat fact, not an opinion.)

Now that I have started this list, I will start a thread called "Immutable Goats Facts". Come on @Southern by choice, @OneFineAcre, @babsbag, @Goat Whisperer, @Latestarter, et al, let's get listing!

Rescuechick76

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I think our biggest mistake was there's a seam
Well live and learn I guess. Lol!