Ohiogoatgirl's Escapades & Adventures- Pulse check! pg14

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
July 25, That's 'Hairy' in the front at the beginning..
https://www.instagram.com/p/BW-psxeF6T8/?taken-by=girlwalkswithgoats

This morning! If I had any doubts about her lambing early they are gone now! No udder development yet but I am thinking depending on how many she is hiding in there.. Last minute 2017 lambs or early 2018 lambs..
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcU7ILNn0ec/?taken-by=girlwalkswithgoats

Also this morning.. She had quite the pose and I couldn't resist that round belly. She is carrying up by her ribs still so I will try to watch if her belly seems to shift toward the rear.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcU7DZNHmUp/?taken-by=girlwalkswithgoats

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Since she was here mid june, meaning due 11/09 to 11/20? if bred at the previous farm ...she has been with the rest of the flock (both rams until Sept) and then in the breeding group with Butthead.. So I am guessing that she got bred by Butthead sometime between 8/1 and 9/1.. which would mean she is due sometime around christmas?! Maybe?? If nothing else I am guessing she is no later than early January going to lamb. So unless things are way off of that, her lamb(s) will be weaning when the rest of the ewes start lambing.

Now that I am expecting lambs out of my planned schedule.. I am wondering how this will go and if I will keep her or not for the future. And depending on her lamb(s) and growth if there would be anything to consider keeping on or just sell 'Hairy' and keep it/them for freezer.
On the other hand maybe it will work out having her. If she makes great lambs maybe I could consider her and eyeing up some local suffolks and hamp crosses.. And if she raises some nice lambs and then lambs again in the fall..? It could work..

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Lambing watch will officially begin February 20. Earliest expected lambs Feb 24. If any ewes were bred after reintroducing the flock all back together they will be due starting April 7. Hoping to get lambing all done in March. Latest lambs should be over by mid-April though.

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hey @Roving Jacobs how would you compare the cormo to the CVM wool? (Totally unrelated to me checking out those rams you have for sale :hu ...totally... ;))

I was talking with a couple people at guild meeting and after reviewing my notes... Pigpig lambed 144 days after bringing home Butthead.. So it is possible that Butthead could have sired Fitz. I am hoping that Pigpig's lamb this spring will help clear it up. If the lamb(s) are very different than Fitz I will have to assume the tiny shetland was his dad. If they turn out very similar I will have to assume that Butthead sired him.
If it is the case that Butthead is his sire I am even more curious what all the lambs will look like.

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone! Happy holidays of all sort to you all!

No lambs from Hairy yet. Watching for udder changes and she seems to be getting rounder and wider all the time!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I seem to be having that problem as well... getting rounder and wider that is... :eek: getting older too...:old Happy holidays to you and yours. :)

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ack.. Everything is crazy here. I keep meaning to jump in here and make a decent catch-up post but it hasn't happened. Still waiting on Hairy and just waiting to see when she does finally lamb. Or if she just gets huge stupidly early and lambs along with the rest :hu
Lambing is scheduled to start soon as... February 24. Which suddenly feels like I only just put them all together and now lambing is counting down! It's a good thing I bought the lamb stuff ages ago or I'd be a mess! Forty-two days and counting!

Last edited: