Old School - Maremma puppies to enjoy

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree with @Baymule , I can only handle 1 at a time....and Joyce has been tending to Gabbie more so than me...she has way more energy and her legs can handle the stairs and hills much better than me. We both play with her inside and work with her on her obedience training and she does respond to both of us. Now, if they were outside as a group with a momma to watch them, then it might be possible....:)

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
i'm already working on their manners, no biting me, no chewing on my pant legs, no jumping up on me. a little correction and redirection goes a long way. poor Katie is so tired of those little vacuum cleaners with teeth. she goes in with them about twice a day to nurse and I feed them twice a day too. they are pudgy little fur balls. the look on katies face says it all.
IMG_1774 (2).JPG

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Puppies are the best! too bad they have to grow up since we can't keep as many as we want! Be glad you have found such great and experienced LGD homes for them. The temptation is always to keep them but if they have good homes waiting, kiss them good bye and wish them luck. Remember, having exoerienced puppy fever you (and Katie) will probably have another litter in a couple years and you can keeo one (or 2) then! Marco and Katie will be ready for helpers and if you are really thinking of reducing your herd :gig(like me - believe it when I see it) you don't want to increase your LGD population. You will have to increase your herd so the dogs will be happy! :weeeOn the other hand, if you are going to rely on Marco and Katie to assist in the training process, you don't want them to be so old that they are grumpy with their young trainees. What I am really saying is "WHO CAN RESIST PUPPIES?!" LOL